[NEohioPAL] Inlet Dance Theatre Feb. 10, 2 p.m. Cleveland Heights

Judith Higbee ajhigbee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:30:21 PST 2013

*INLET DANCE THEATRE*

*Sunday, February 10 at 2:00 p.m.      *

Church of the Saviour

2537 Lee Road, Cleveland Hts, OH 44118

For tickets: visit www.chsaviour.org or purchase at the door

$10 adults, $5 age 18 and under

Inlet Dance Theatre is now in its twelfth season.  The company engages in
two main activities: performing and education programming.  Inlet’s
performing includes concert repertory in theatre settings and hand designed
performances for corporate and special events, often in nontraditional
performing spaces.

The company regularly appears at Cleveland Public Theatre, Cain Park Evans
Amphitheater and Playhouse Square Center.  Inlet has grown from a small
local company to a company with an international reputation for performing
and educating excellence.

Founder and Artistic Director Bill Wade writes: *This concert embodies the
company’s continuing artistic growth and contains our wide aesthetic range
and distinct physicality.  As always, the content of each dance centers on
human life issues in unique and diverse ways.  The repertory performed in
this concert was selected for its appeal to a multi-generational family
friendly audience and is narrated to provide an “inside glimpse” into our
art creating process.*

*Works include**:*

*Soon I Will Be Done (1993)*

dancing.  Many of us traverse life altering painful experiences; many of
those events stay within us for years or a lifetime.  This solo shares how
faith and hope can pull us through personal darkness.

* *

*Wondrous Beasts (2005)*

growth process and challenges individuals experience when in team building
initiatives, shared leadership work groups or mentoring programs such as
the Inlet Trainee & Apprentice Program. Disparate characters come together
for a time and grow via new challenges and situations.  These experiences
bring about changes that inform and inspire choices for continuing on their
life journeys.

* *

*Doppelganger (2001)*

identical twins, Bryan and Ryan Peoples, the year I transitioned out of my
position as an Artist in Residence at Cleveland School of the Arts and into
founding Inlet Dance Theatre (2001).  The inspiration for this work comes
from the miracle of gestation, whether the creation of a unique individual,
a work of art, or an organization such as Inlet Dance Theatre.

*Excerpt from Center of the Earth **(Te Pito o te Henua)*

blessed to participate in the final phase of an International Artist
Exchange with artists from Easter Island (Rapa Nui). As part of that
exchange, Inlet artists spent two weeks on the island performing, teaching,
and exploring. *Center of the World* (Te Pito o Te Henua) was created in
response to this multi-phase international artist exchange program. The
imagery in this work is directly connected to specific experiences on the
island. Inlet uses their unique aesthetic and brand of modern dance and
reference Rapa Nui cultural icons, environmental images such as the ocean
and lava caves, and focus on global themes of community, identity and
gender roles.

--
Judith Higbee
Director of Music