[NEohioPAL] 1 Hour Swing Dance Sampler Series. Would you like to learn to Jitterbug? Need a refresher course on the Jitterbug?

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Sun Feb 10 13:11:10 PST 2013

Try one or a few of these fun 1 hour classes on the basics of Jitterbug, Lindy and Balboa at the Brecksville Center for the Arts on Monday, February 11th!

Introduction to Jitterbug: You do not need a partner or previous dance experience to take this class. We will rotate partners so you will get to meet other people new to Jitterbug. If you do not wish to rotate partners we will allow that too. This class is to give you a little sample of what the most popular form of partnered dancing is like.  We will show you the basic footwork and a few simple turns. You will get to dance with the teachers and receive personalized help and feedback. We will make this class fun and stress free! This class is appropriate for students 10 years old and up.
# Classes: 1 Time: 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Cost: $10 per person

Introduction to Lindy: You do not need a partner or previous dance experience to take this class. We will rotate partners so you will get to meet other people new to Lindy. If you do not wish to rotate partners we will allow that too. Do you love when they show Lindy on “Dancing with the Stars” or “So You Think You Can Dance?” Well you can learn the very basics of this super fun form of swing dancing that started in the ballrooms of Harlem in the late 30s and early 40s. This dance is the grandfather of most other swing dances and is well known for it's playful and exuberant nature. Come and see if this dance is for you! This class is appropriate for students 10 years old and up.
# Classes: 1 Time: 7:30 to 8:30 pm. Cost: $10 per person

Introduction to Balboa: You do not need a partner or previous dance experience to take this class. We will rotate partners so you will get to meet other people new to Balboa. If you do not wish to rotate partners we will allow that too. You do not need a partner or previous dance experience to take this class. This quirky little dance started in Southern California in the 30s and well loved for it's fancy footwork, finesse, and full body lead. Many people think of it as the Tango of Swing. Learning this dance is a great tool for refining your lead and follow skills and taking them to the next level. In this class you will learn the basic step and a few other of the most popular moves. This class is appropriate for students 16 years old and up.
# Classes: 1 Time: 8:30 to 9:30 pm. Cost: $10 per person

Dave Rubin and Deb Halinski will be your teachers for all three of these taster classes. They are fun, friendly and informative and you will feel much more confident after taking a class or two or three with them. :)

Register and pay online at www.brecksvillearts.org or call BCA to register and pay with cash or check.

Brecksville Center for the Arts
8997 Highland Drive
Brecksville Ohio 44141
440-526-6232
Web: www.brecksvillearts.org
Email: brecksvillearts at yahoo.com
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 4 pm

Valerie Salstrom
Owner of Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
216-374-1927
info at GetHepSwing.com