[NEohioPAL] Even skeptics are raving about AVENUE Q: SE at Beck Center

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Wed Feb 13 10:33:02 PST 2013

Why you should see "Avenue Q: School Edition" at Beck Center!

Even skeptics are raving about

Beck Center Teen Theater's
production of
Avenue Q:
SCHOOL EDITION
Now through February 17
Mackey Main Stage
Only four performances remaining
10 am Thu, 7:30 pm Fri & Sat, and 3 pm Sun
Don't miss it!

BUY TICKETS
beckcenter.org<http://sa1.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?presenter=BECKCENTER>

216.521.2540 x10

"I will have to admit, I was really not sure what to expect with the production of 'Avenue Q: School Edition'...I need not to have worried. This is a top notch performance worthy of appearing on any stage in any city including PlayhouseSquare."  -Mark Horning, Cleveland Examiner<http://www.examiner.com/review/the-beck-s-avenue-q-school-edition-showcases-an-amazing-array-of-young-talent>

"To the Puritans in our midst, we say 'Go!' and take your teenagers...You might go to the Beck's Avenue Q with reduced expectations as we did. You'll see the expected audience of parents and peers...But Beck's youthful cast deserves a wider audience. Their puppets took on a life of their own. Vocals were consistently strong and cleanly miked. Timing among the actors and the offstage orchestra was tight, tight, tight down to the last rim shot."
-Elsa Johnson & Victor Lucas, CoolCleveland<http://www.coolcleveland.com/blog/2013/02/review-avenue-q-deserves-wider-audience-beck-center/50/>

"Beck Center's Avenue Q: School Edition is less raunchy, still relevant, and a lot of fun... for those who have seen the original Avenue Q, let me ease your fears. This isn't a watered-down version of the original (the School Edition was written by the creators of the original show); you won't hear actors with puppets dropping f-bombs...Avenue Q: School Edition is still hilarious, even if the language is slightly toned down." -Ed Carroll, Sun News<http://www.cleveland.com/lakewood/index.ssf/2013/02/beck_centers_avenue_q_school_e.html>

"There's a reason this show won the Tony 'Triple Crown' for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book. And let's add Best Teen Production Around Here in a Helluva Long Time."  -Thomas Mulready, CoolCleveland<http://www.coolcleveland.com/blog/2013/02/take-the-kids-to-see-avenue-q-at-the-beck/>

Tickets are $12 for Adults/Seniors and $10 for Children (18 and under) and may be purchased online at beckcenter.org<http://sa1.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?presenter=BECKCENTER> or by calling 216.521.2540 x10. Discounted group rates are available for the student matinee on Thursday, February 14 at 10 am. Call Customer Service Manager Rennie Tisdale at ext. 28 for more information and to schedule your student matinee.

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood. Free onsite parking is available. This production of Avenue Q: School Edition is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI) and is made possible by the generous support of Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and the Ohio Arts Council.

Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and free gallery exhibits featuring local, regional, and international artists. For more information about Beck Center, visit beckcenter.org.