[NEohioPAL] Green Screen Kits: Advice?

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at case.edu
Thu Feb 28 09:38:09 PST 2013

Good afternoon,

Does anyone have any advice for what to look for in green screen kits?
Suggests where to shop?

We're an amateur troupe so we're not looking for perfection here (sometimes
cheesier is better for certain parodies). But some of our stage productions
include video and we'd like some more flexibility with our backgrounds and
editing. We have software but not the green screen material or the lights.

Obviously money is a constraint (isn't it always?) but I can't answer how
much we're willing to spend; I always look at that on a case by case basis.
I'm willing to spend more if I'm getting more or a better product.

Also, we'd probably want to get at least one additional color other than
green; our troupe has a lot of green costumes and props (go figure?) and it
might be good to swap out if need be. I've seen blues (which used to be
standard), blacks, and whites as options. Any experience with other colors?

Thanks for any advice!

forever foolish,
--Jess & Megan

Artistic Director/Head Comic [*Capocomico Morosofo*]: Jess Rudolph (Niccolò
Bartolazzi)
Managing Director [*Impresaria*]: Megan Matthews (Alienor de Saint Remi)
Players' Patchwork Theatre Company: The Confused Greenies / i Verdi Confusi
http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/
http://www.facebook.com/TheConfusedGreenies
http://www.youtube.com/TheConfusedGreenies