[NEohioPAL] NE Ohio band seeking either Drummer or Bass Player

Ross Rhodes rhodesr at bottomlayer.com
Fri Mar 1 13:05:06 PST 2013

Seeking either Drummer or Bass Player for occasional gigs with
Akron/Canton-based '60s - '70s band.
'60s - '70s band based in Akron/Canton area plays mostly                  covers
of pop and rock & roll of that era.                   Beatles, Stones, Neil
Young, Van Morrison, Eagles, that sort of                  thing.  Not a tribute
band, but we generally start with the                  original Top 40
arrangement and go from there. We have been                  playing together
for a couple of years.  For the immediate                  future we are looking
to rehearse Spring 2013 and do gigs Summer                  2013.

We have a switch-hitter drummer/bassist who is perfectly                  happy
to do either but asks to be excused from doing both at the                  same
time.  Go figure.

Band members all have day jobs, not looking to make                  this a
career, but pride ourselves on tight sound, solid                  musicianship,
and excellent vocals.  We love what we                  do.  For this position,
vocals (backing and occasional                  lead) are a plus but not
required. Best will be familiarity with                  material such that the
patterns and transitions are like,                  "Oh, yeah."

Expected gigs are 1-2 per month for summer 2013 and                  thereafter.

Drummer: Candidate should have experience with this                  type of
material in a working band (amateur or professional but                  more
than a few gigs). Should have own drum kit. If this is a
surprise to you then please re-think your entire response to
this inquiry.

Bass player: Candidate should have experience with                  this type of
material in a working band (amateur or professional                  but more
than a few gigs). Should have own bass guitar and                  amp.  If this