[NEohioPAL] Correction: FINAL DAY! Save $5 on "Blue Leaves" at Beck Center

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Fri Mar 22 12:57:42 PDT 2013

A man's home is his castle, unless it's a zoo!

Beck Center for the Arts
presents
Obie Award Winner for
BEST AMERICAN PLAY
The House of BLUe LeAVes
Written by John Guare / Directed by Russ Borski
March 22 - April 21
Mackey Main Stage

Buy tickets online<http://sa1.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?presenter=BECKCENTER> or call 216.521.2540 x10.

~ SAVE $5 off* any adult/senior ticket. Use promo code CMD1313. ~

ABOUT THE SHOW
Artie Shaughnessy is an aspiring songwriter who works as a zookeeper by day, performs in seedy lounges at night and lives in Queens with his schizophrenic wife, Bananas, much to the chagrin of his mistress, Bunny. When an old school buddy, now a successful Hollywood movie director, arrives back in town, Artie plans to escape the life he despises. But like many dreams, this promise of glory evaporates amid the chaos of ordinary lives.

The House of Blue Leaves runs March 22 through April 21, 2013 on the Mackey Main Stage. Show times are 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays. There is no performance on Sunday, March 31. Directed by Russ Borski, The House of Blue Leaves features Equity actors Robert Ellis as Artie and Juliette Regnier as his mentally ill wife, Bananas. "I am thrilled to direct this zany farce," remarked Borski, "that explores the dark side of the American dream, the humiliation of our dreams, and examines our collective obsession with celebrity and how we pin our hopes on lives distant from our own."

Who's Who in the Company<http://www.beckcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/WhosWho_HouseBlueLeaves.pdf>

Tickets are $28 for adults and $25 for seniors (65 and older) with an additional $3 service fee per ticket applied at time of purchase. Use promo code CMD1313 and save $5 off* any adult/senior ticket. Student tickets are $15 with valid I.D. (includes service fee). Group discounts are available for parties of 13 or more. Purchase tickets online at beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org> or call Customer Service at 216.521.2540, ext. 10. Beck Center for the Arts is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, just ten minutes west of downtown Cleveland. Free onsite parking is available.

Opening night patrons are invited to Marquee Friday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Cleveland Artists Foundation gallery. Guests may enjoy complimentary appetizers from Taco Tontos, free musical entertainment by Lounge Kitty and happy hour priced drinks; as well as a free gallery exhibits throughout Beck Center.

This production of The House of Blue Leaves is presented through special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. and is sponsored by VIP Restoration, the residents of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, and the Ohio Arts Council.

Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and free gallery exhibits featuring local, regional, and international artists.

*Offer valid online or by phone. Not valid on prior purchases or with any other offer.