[NEohioPAL] Auditions, Sondheim, Improv & Tea - April News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Tue Apr 2 08:38:39 PDT 2013

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  April 2013 News & Events

  * *Happening in April...*
      o *NOW - April 20:* *PUTTING IT TOGETHER
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
        (musical)
      o *April 8 & 9: OPEN AUDITIONS for "Skin Deep"
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
        (comedy)
      o *April 12: Spring Tea Luncheon
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/springtea.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
      o *April 13 - May 18: Spring Youth Theater Sessions
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
      o *April 28 - June 23: Improvisation For Actors: Discovering the
        Scene
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*

  * *Coming in May...*
      o *May 3 - 4: Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Spring Concert*
      o *May 3 - May 18: MRS. MANNERLY
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*(Comedy)
      o *May 31: Salad Luncheon Buffet
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
      o *May 31 - June 22: SKIN DEEP
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
        (Comedy)

      *CVLT is always /Putting It Together!/*

Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

Last month our audiences and critics raved about Chris White and Adam
Young in the small-scale romantic comedy 2 ACROSS at our River Street
Playhouse, and we celebrated Stephen Sondheim's birthday with the
opening of hismusical revue *PUTTING IT TOGETHER
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*
on the Main Stage. This excellent evening of entertainment continues
through the 20th, so get your tickets now!

Also this month, actress Tracy Cubbal launches the third session of her
very popular *Improv for Actors*
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
classes, and we're holding auditions
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
for a couple of upcoming productions (see below) and our Women's
Committee is hosting the first of two delicious events for spring -
their *Spring Tea Luncheon*
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/springtea.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
is open to the public on the afternoon of April 12th, and their Salad
Luncheon Buffet
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
will coincide with the Chagrin Falls Historic Home & Garden Tour
<http://www.yourhometownchagrinfalls.com/our-events/historic-home-and-garden-tour/>
on May 31.

Details on CVLT's 84th Season will be coming soon, so keep your eyes
peeled to our website, this monthly email, or our Facebook
<http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> and Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Putting It Together
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>/*

*March 22 - April 20
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM
Sunday, April 7 at 2:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$18 regular, $14 student/child

*For information see
http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by Marc C. Howard
Musical Direction by D. Keith Stiver *

*Starring: *
Derrick Winger, Brian Pichola, Thomas E. Love, Hope Caldwell and Laura
Giterman

Stephen Sondheim is undeniably one of the most important figures in
American musical theater. In a career spanning nearly fifty years, he
has been the recipient of eight Tony Awards, multiple Grammy Awards, the
Laurence Olivier Award, an Academy Award, and the Pulitzer Prize.

As may be expected of any work by Sondheim, PUTTING IT TOGETHER is
anything but typical. The show pulls together songs from some of
Sondheim's most beloved works, including /Sunday in the Park with
George, Assassins, Company, Merrily We Roll Along, A Funny Thing
Happened on the Way to the Forum, A Little Night Music, Sweeney Todd/
and others. However, unlike most musical revues, PUTTING IT TOGETHER
wraps the familiar songs in new context: a Manhattan cocktail party
serves as the setting for five performers to use the musical selections
as an examination of the ups and downs of two relationships.

    */Spring Tea Luncheon
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/springtea.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>/*

*April 12
Fridays at 12:30 PM*

*Tickets: *$15 all ages
RESERVE EARLY! LIMITED SEATING!

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/springtea.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/springtea.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

The Chagrin Valley Little Theatre Women's Committee will host a Welcome
Spring Tea Luncheon on Friday, April 12th at noon in the theatre's River
Room. For $15, guests will be treated to tea sandwiches, a green salad,
scones, desserts, and tea.

In addition, those present can participate in a raffle to win tickets
for "SKIN DEEP
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>",
playing May 31 - June 22.

*About The CVLT Women's Committee*

The CVLT Women's Committee has been a volunteer support group for over
50 years. Through the decades, they have assisted behind the scenes for
productions, held fund raisers, redecorated, refurbished and maintained
the theatre, hosted 'talks' with local celebrities, and helped CVLT in
other, innumerable ways.

In recent years, they have sponsored the successful Gingerbread Tea
Christmas show and raised funds through various special events. They
have served a Salad Luncheon during Chagrin Home Tours, and have
assisted greatly with Murder by the Falls, and Ghosts, Goblins and
Gobbledygook at Halloween time.

Luncheon meetings are held on the second Friday of the month at CVLT or
at a member's home. The members and their guests enjoy a catered meal in
the River Room prior to the opening night performance of each production.

New members are welcome! To learn more, contact the box office at
440-247-8955 or boxoffice at cvlt.org.

    */Improv for Actors:
    Discovering the Scene
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>/*

*April 28 -- June 23, 2013*
Sundays from 2:00 - 4:30 PM
/No Class May 26/
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday April 26th*

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>*

How do you bring freshness and spontaneity to your scripted scene when
you've said the same lines many times before and know exactly what your
scene partner is going to do and say next? Try improvisation! Learn to
listen actively and respond with emotional authenticity. In this class
students will draw on the tools of character, relationship, and
environment in order to create believable and entertaining scenes
without the need for a script. Practice thinking on your feet in a
supportive environment and receive personalized, non-judgmental feedback.

This class is designed for adults and older teens. Some previous
improvisational or theatrical experience is required. Students who have
not previously taken an improv class at CVLT should submit a resume or
brief statement of interest with their registration. *Call 440-247-8955*

    OPEN AUDITIONS
    <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>

*/Skin Deep/ - Audition Dates: April 8 & 9 at 7:30 PM*
Show Dates: May 31 - June 22, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM

Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades

*2 Women:*
/Female (Maureen Mulligan), mid to late 30s/ overweight but curvy.
Maureen is down to earth, funny and attractive but self conscious about
her weight. She is also the younger sister to Sheila and is one of six
siblings
/Female (Sheila Whiting), mid to late 40s/ is Maureen's attractive older
sister. Sheila is married to Squire Whiting. Sheila is addicted to
plastic surgery as she tries to stave off her fifties.

*2 Men: *
/Male, (Squire Whiting), mid to late 50s/. Squire is handsome, charming
and comes from old money. He is married to Sheila.
/Male, (Joe Spinelli), late 40s average looking guy/. Can be a bit
overweight which is not an issue for him. He is down to earth with a
good sense of humor. Blue collar guy interested in a woman for a long
term relationship that he is not only attracted to, but can talk with
also. Not easy for him as he is awkward around women.

**All roles are available.** Headshots and acting resumes are welcome
but not required. We will be reading selected scenes from the script.

*/Legally Blonde/ - Audition Dates: TBA*
Show Dates: July 19 - August 17, 2013

    Still to come in CVLT's 83rd CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra (May 3 - 4, 2013)

      MRS. MANNERLY
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
      May 3 - May 18, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      SKIN DEEP <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php>
      May 31 - June 22, 2013

      THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
      June 28 - July 13, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      LEGALLY BLONDE
      July 19 - August 17, 2013

*FUNDRAISER BRICKS - ORDER NOW!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for our next installation of bricks, so visit
http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>
to order yours today!

*ADVERTISE WITH CVLT!*

Did you know that ticket sales only cover a fraction of what it costs to
put on a show and keep CVLT running?

Your advertisement in our playbill or on our e-ticket not only puts your
business in front of thousands of people, but it helps us to defray the
costs of entertaining and educating the community.

Playbill ads start at just $150 for the season, and on-ticket ads start
at just $100 per quarter. We also offer show sponsorships!

Reserve your space now!
http://www.cvlt.org/advertise
<http://www.cvlt.org/advertise/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2013>

We appreciate your support!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.