[NEohioPAL] Actors' Summit Audition Notice Equity and Non-Equity

MaryJo Alexander mjalexthac at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 11:54:12 PDT 2013

*Actors’ Summit Theater announces*

* Auditions for “The Bikini’s”*

* *

Actors’ Summit Theater will be holding auditions, for Equity and Non-Equity
women, for the upcoming musical revue

*The Bikini’s*.  The auditions are scheduled for April 14th from 6 PM til
8:00 PM, by appointment only.  Auditions will be held at Actors’ Summit
Theater, located inside Greystone Hall at 103 S. High St. Akron 44308.

*The Bikini’s* features that girl group from the sixties that everyone
loves.  They are bringing back the sun, fun, and all the great songs they
sang down on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore... all to raise money for
the good folks at Sandy Shores RV Resort.

In front of a live audience, *The Bikinis*, or *"The Jersey Girls,"* relive
their heyday and beyond, beginning the summer of 1964, the night these four
inseparable girls got their name, winning the Belmar Beach Talent Contest,
wearing their bikinis!

For more information about the show visit:
http://www.thebikinismusical.com/index.html

Songs from the show include: It's in His Kiss; Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini;  Heat Wave; Be My Baby; Under the Boardwalk; Where
the Boys Are; Chapel of Love; Walking in the Sand; The Twist; Secret Agent
Man; These Boots are Made for Walkin'; Ain't No Mountain High Enough; Time
of the Season; Dedicated to the One I Love; When Will I be Loved?;  I Will
Survive; Last Dance, plus many more.

*Actors’ Summit is seeking 3 multitalented singer/actors –who move VERY
WELL.  Ages 35-55.  Must be able to sing pop as well as Broadway legit.
  This show has 4 performers, one role has been cast.   Both Equity and
non-Equity performers are encouraged to audition.  All performers are paid.
*

This show was the hit of the Goodspeed Opera House Musicals last summer.

*This production previews on June 20th; opens on June 21st and runs thru
July 22nd, 2013. *

There are no performances the week of the 4th of July. *The Bikini’s* will
perform to live music and is the centerpiece of our annual GALA event to be
held June 28th.  Performances are Thursday Friday and Saturdays at 8 PM,
Sundays at 2 PM.  There is an additional matinee on Saturday June 29th at 2
PM.

Rehearsals will begin May 14th.  All rehearsals are held at Actors’ Summit
Theater at Greystone Hall in downtown Akron.  The show is directed by
MaryJo Alexander; musical direction by Deborah “Ingy” Ingersoll. Stage
Management by Brianna Laybourn.

To schedule an appointment please call 330-374-7568, or email MaryJo
Alexander at mjalexthac at gmail.com.

--
*MaryJo Alexander*
*Co Artistic Director*