[NEohioPAL] BW Summer Music Programs - 1 WEEK DEADLINE for Middle School Camps!

Hannah Schlueter hschluet at bw.edu
Wed Apr 24 09:14:40 PDT 2013

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

There is 1 WEEK for the application deadline for all of our Middle School Camps.

Here is a YouTube clip with photos from all our fun last year:
BW Middle School Summer Music Programs 2012 - Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjjE0M8FZY>

If you know of a child that would enjoy a week filled with music and fun please be sure to send in an application ASAP. Last year most of our camps had wait lists. This year the camps are almost on a waitlist!  Look at our

Listed below are our Summer Music Programs, at the Conservatory, still accepting enrollment. Applications are available online. Feel free to give us a call with any questions at (440) 826-2365

SUMMER MUSIC CAMPS for students in GRADES 4 - 9:
Application Deadline: May 1, 2013

String Camp<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/smp/stringcamps/> - Saturday, June 15 through Thursday, June 20, 2013
Violin, viola, cello and bass students will have an opportunity to play in one of 5 orchestras, chamber music ensembles, and sectionals with other students from across the state, and beyond.

NEW 2013! - To meet the popular and growing demand for our Piano Camp, we will be offering two separate sessions of the same six-day camp!
Piano Camp A<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/smp/pianocamp/> - Saturday, June 15 through Thursday, June 20, 2013
Piano Camp B<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/smp/pianocamp/> - Saturday, June 22 through Thursday, June 27, 2013
Calling all piano students in grades 4 - 9 who have studied piano for at least 9 months!  Piano Camp students will receive four 20-minute private lessons and have daily supervised practice sessions.  In addition, piano students will participate in piano duet, music theory and music elective classes taught by BW Conservatory faculty.

Band Camp<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/smp/bandcamp/> - Saturday, June 22 through Thursday, June 27, 2013
Students who play woodwind, brass or percussion instruments are invited to join instrumentalists from across the state for a week of music and fun.  Band camp offers the opportunity to play in one of three bands, jazz ensemble, chamber music and sectionals.

Music Theatre Camp<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/smp/choircamp/> - Saturday, June 22 through Thursday, June 27, 2013
Students who would like to enhance their singing, acting and movement skills should check out Music Theatre Camp!  Group classes, as well as music theatre workshops and master classes with guest artists will be a part of this fun-filled week.

All of the camps for students in grades 4 - 9 include daily social and recreational activities. Campers have the option to stay on campus or commute for the week. The application deadline is May 1, 2013. Applications are available online.

PROGRAMS for ADULTS:

Institute for Music Teaching and Learning<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/profdevelopment/> - throughout June and August, 2013
Providing high-quality professional development for music educators in workshops coordinated with Ohio Standards and contextualized for the music educator.  Offered in two-day, one-week, and two-week formats, 2013 courses include: Making Music Classes Meaningful for Students with Special Needs; Assessment in the Music Classroom; Google Tools for Music Education; The Gordon Institute for Music Learning, Early Childhood Music; Principles for Becoming a 21st Century Band Director; and Orff-Schulwerk Teacher Training, Levels I & II.

LESSONS and CLASSES:

Private lesson<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/prep/lessons/> teachers of all instruments, including voice, as well as acting, theory and composition are available to teach beginners to experienced musicians. We offer continuous enrollment. Call today to for your private lesson recommendation!

Early Childhood Classes<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/child/> will be offered summer 2013, more information to follow in the coming months.

Selected lessons and classes are also available at our Satellite Programs<http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/outreach/prep/satellites/> in Brecksville and Medina.

For more information, contact the Baldwin Wallace University Conservatory Outreach office at 440-826-2365, visit the Web site www.bw.edu/conservatoryoutreach<http://www.bw.edu/conservatoryoutreach> or email at conreach at bw.edu.

Find us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/bwconservatoryoutreach<http://www.facebook.com/bwconservatoryoutreach>