[NEohioPAL] The MAD* Factory Players Benefit for the Global Climb Initiative

The Mad Factory themadfactory2 at oberlin.net
Wed Apr 24 10:34:09 PDT 2013

The MAD* Factory Players

Benefit for The Global Climb Initiative and

Free the Slaves

When: Saturday, April 27th ~ 7:00-10:00pm

Where: Woodshed Lessons Studios, 15 ½ W. College St., Oberlin, OH 44074

Suggested donation $10 at the door!

The Global Climb Initiative is an organization with the dual goals of inspiring entrepreneurship and fighting human trafficking. We give students and community members the opportunity to try their hand at running a for-profit venture and give them the tools and guidance to succeed. They have ten days to turn a profit and thirty dollars of start-up funding. All the money that they raise helps community organizations fight human trafficking on the ground. The returned seed money is reinvested in the Initiative so that more groups can take the Challenge!

Human trafficking is the fastest growing criminal enterprise today. More than 27 million individuals are trafficked each year and forced into labor or sexual exploitation. Most of these trafficking victims are girls between the ages of 12-14. We partner with the organization Free the Slaves, which works with local organizations to create sustainable solutions to end trafficking and its root causes.

Our cover band plays a wide variety of songs that includes jazz standards, pop,country, r&b and rock.The four person ensemble features Nina Fisher on keyboards and back-up vocals, Amber Michalak on lead vocals and acoustic guitar, Cameron Michalak on lead vocals and Kyle Michalak on drums.