[NEohioPAL] YOUNG ACTORS - Check out the AMAZING STAFF (bios) at Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute (HBTI) this summer!

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at hb.edu
Mon Apr 29 04:35:20 PDT 2013

*TOP PROFESSIONAL STAFF*
* Study with some of the best teachers in the region - working
professionals with advance college degrees.

Check out the biographies of our staff here<http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5795>
.*
*
*
*
**
**STUDENTS SPEAK ABOUT THE STAFF of *
*
Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute

**"The level of professionalism and talent that Fred Sternfeld inspires in
young performers is incredible. At the age of thirteen, I had the great
pleasure of playing both Rhoda Penmark in The Bad Seed and Brigitta Von
Trapp in The Sound of Music under Fred's direction. That year I was cast in The
Crucible, my first Broadway show. More than ten years later, I am lucky
enough to be working on Broadway again in Peter and the Starcatcher, and I
still count my experiences with Fred as some of the most valuable learning
opportunities I've had. I would tell any aspiring actor to jump at the
chance to work with him."
Betsy Hogg
TV / Film: Rocket Science, Law & Order: SVU; Broadway: The Crucible,
Fiddler on the Roof, Showboat (tour), Peter and the Starcatcher;
Off-Broadway: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie; Graduate of Northwestern
University. *
"Working with *Bob Russell* has helped me grow tremendously as a performer.
He is a knowledgeable, encouraging teacher, and a talented director. I
would work with him on any project!"
*Leah Saltzer*
Credits: *Les Miz, *Hope in* Urinetown, *Liesl in *The Sound of Music*

*"Dancing is a universal method of communication, and learning how to dance
is like learning a new language. When you learn how to dance, the world
becomes a fundamentally different place, because you have a new
understanding of how people work and live in their bodies. I can't imagine
having learned the language of movement from anyone other than Bebe
Weinberg Katz, who makes the work significant, beautiful, and fun."
Austin Riley
Freshman at NYU. Credits: The Music Man, Urinetown, Les Miserables, Big,
the musical. *

*"Brian Zoldessy is the greatest acting teacher I have ever had. He first
directed me in Lord of the Flies in 2002, which ended up being one of the
most rewarding acting experiences of my life. Brian has helped me grow in
ways I didn't think possible. I've recommended him to everyone I know
seeking a coach."
Alex Wyse
Broadway: Lysistrata Jones; Off-Broadway: Bare, Triassic Parq. TV: “Bored
to Death”  BFA - Boston University. MORE TESTIMONIALS
HERE<http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5797>
*
*
*
*
*
*
**Why train with HBTI?*
*ONE OF our core values is that young people are are inventive, creative
souls capable of amazing work on the stage.  *
*
ACTING TRAINING
Our acting training, which is primarily based on Chekhov and Stanislavski
technique, is designed to give you a TOOLBOX of skills that will help give
you concrete approaches to a script to make well thought out acting
choices. *
*
AUDITION TRAINING*
*AND, our audition technique classes will help you approach the audition
situation with confidence. You will finish the program with songs and
monologues ready to go, and techniques to help you with cold readings.

TRAINING & PROCESS IS OUR FOCUS
SIX full hours per day are devoted to a variety of classes. Our productions
rehearse after training hours.  Helping you grow as artists is first and
foremost with the productions intended as a lab experience to apply what
you have learned during the day.
*
*
*
*ENROLLMENT THUS FAR*
*Since we announced our inaugural season, we already have over 100 students
committed to our training and productions. Check out the casts (it IS still
possible to join either cast) of The King and I and Jekyll & Hyde
here<http://www.fredsternfeld.com/hbti_productions_2013.htm>.
 The Heidi Chronicles is not cast yet. We are seeking more actors for that
production and more auditions will be held soon. Sign up for an audition
here <https://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5832&LockSSL=true>.*

*MORE INFO:*
*INAUGURAL SEASON*
 The inaugural season of *Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute
(HBTI)<http://www.hb.edu/hbti>
* will provide top notch training opportunities in drama, dance and music
and the chance to participate in fully staged productions. The program is
open to ages 1st grade - college.

*

PRODUCTIONS
We are offering the opportunity to participate in fully mounted productions
that will be performed at Hathaway Brown.

We will be producing the Tony Award winning musicals The King and I
<http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5824>
and Jekyll & Hyde  <http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5826>as well as Wendy
Wasserstein’s Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning drama, The Heidi
Chronicles <http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5825>.

*
*
*
*TRAINING SESSIONS / COMPETITIVE TUITION / ELIGIBILITY*
*Mondays – Fridays, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Session One (3 weeks): June 17th – July 5th *  $600
Session Two (3 weeks): July 8th – July 26th  $600
Session Three (2 weeks): July 29th – August 9th  $400
*no program on July 4th

Eligibility:  Registration is open. No audition is necessary for admittance
to the program. After you register you will be contacted to set up an
appointment time for an audition and interview for level placement in the
program you select and for guidance in picking electives. The placement
audition and interview can be waived with permission of the program
directors.**
*

*Complete information about our programs, including course descriptions,
auditions, more student testimonials and an easy to use online registration
form are here: http://www.hb.edu/hbti *

--
Fred Sternfeld, Executive Artistic Director - Hathaway Brown Theatre
Institute <http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=1899>

*Hathaway Brown School *19600 North Park Boulevard Shaker Heights, Ohio
44122