[NEohioPAL] Auditions, Comedies and our 84th Season - May News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Wed May 1 07:55:03 PDT 2013

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  May2013 News & Events

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in May...*
      o *May 3 - May 18: MRS. MANNERLY
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*(Comedy)
      o *May 25:* Look for CVLT in the annual Chagrin Falls Blossom Time
        Festival Parade
      o *May 31: Salad Luncheon Buffet
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*
      o *May 31 - June 22: SKIN DEEP
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*
        (Comedy)

  * *Open Auditions...*
      o *May 5 & 6: LEGALLY BLONDE
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*
        (Musical Comedy)
      o *May 8 & 9: THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*
        (One-Acts)

  * *Coming in June...*
      o *June 28 - July 13:* *THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/10-10.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>
        (One-Acts)

      *CVLT gets ready for summer and for the 84th Season...*

Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

As the weather heats up, so does our calendar at the theater! The River
Street Playhouse opens *MRS. MANNERLY
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*,
a new short comedy, this weekend, and the Women's Committee's popular
*Salad Luncheon Buffet
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*
returns to coincide with the Chagrin Falls Historic Home & Garden Tour
<http://www.yourhometownchagrinfalls.com/our-events/historic-home-and-garden-tour/>
on May 31. Also at the end of the month, you'll be laughing at our main
stage comedy *SKIN DEEP
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*.

We also have *AUDITIONS
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*
going on this month for our summer musical "LEGALLY BLONDE
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>"
and for the third biennial "10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>".
We are thrilled to announce that the following ten selections will be
making their world-premieres on our River Street Playhouse stage in June:

 1. SEISMIC SHIFT by Cynthia Wilcox and Sarah Kellogg (Washington, DC)
 2. THAT LOVING FEELING by Stanley Toledo (Richmond, CA)
 3. SPECIAL EXTRA TREATMENT by Greg Mandryk (North Olmsted, OH)
 4. THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE PRIMORDIAL OOZE by Rich Orloff (New York, NY)
 5. LIFE LINES by Donna Hoke (East Amherst, NY)
 6. CANYON'S EDGE by Barbara Lindsay (Shoreline, WA)
 7. FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE by David MacGregor (Howell, MI)
 8. PLANTING THE MUSIC by Maureen Brady Johnson (Oberlin, OH)
 9. AZAZEL by James Evans Remick II (Cleveland Heights, OH)
10. THE LUNACY OF METRIC MATCHING by Sarah R. Osinsky (Mayfield Heights,
    OH)

And last, but certainly not least, we are also very excited to share the
details on *CVLT's 84th Season
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*,
which will begin in September. Scroll down or visit our website to view
the slate of productions we're planning. Details on tickets and
subscriptions will be coming soon,so keep your eyes peeled to our
website, this monthly email, or our Facebook
<http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> and Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Mrs. Mannerly
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>/*
    by JEFFREY HATCHER

*May 3 - May 11, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$10
Includes content unsuitable for children.

*at CVLT's River Street Playhouse
56 River Street - west of the main building

For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/mrsmannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by *Stephen Kay*

Starring: *Mark DePompei & Rebecca Fischer Knab*

Quick! What is the proper placement of a dessert fork when setting a
table? Not sure? Mrs. Mannerly will certainly mark points off of your
grade, for she is the eponymous teacher in Jeffrey Hatcher's poignant
comedy MRS. MANNERLY.

Hatcher's madcap tale is related through the memories of Jeffrey (Mark
DePompei), Mrs. Mannerly's newest student. While Mrs. Mannerly (Rebecca
Knab) has tutored countless students in poise, grace, the polka, and
silverware configuration for thirty-six years, no one has ever managed
to get a perfect score on the final exam. Ten-year-old Jeffrey,
determined to be the first, will do just about anything to make it
happen, including using his teacher's secret past to his advantage. In
the process, he learns what it means to grow up and how friends can be
found in the most surprising of places.

(Oh, and in case you were wondering, the dessert fork goes horizontally
above the plate, tines pointing right!)

    */Skin Deep
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>/*
    by JON LONOFF

*May 31 - June 22, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$16 regular, $12 students and seniors
Includes content unsuitable for children.

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by *Barbara L. Rhoades*

Starring: *Jenny Barrett, Jacqueline Hummel, Bobby Thomas & Tim Walsh *

Maureen Mulligan (Jenny Barrett) has holed herself up in her Queens
apartment, hiding herself away in a bathrobe, behind a wall of
self-deprecating humor. Maureen's sister Sheila (Jacqueline Hummel), the
married and manipulative, self-absorbed sibling, sets Maureen up on a
blind date with Joe Spinelli (Tim Walsh).

While Sheila has never set eyes on Spinelli, he comes highly recommended
by his cousin, Sheila's manicurist. Into this mix drops Sheila's
husband, Squire (Bobby Thomas), the quintessential understanding and
supportive husband, who has a special fondness for Maureen.

Equally heartwarming and funny, Jon Lonoff's play allows the audience to
relate to the issues of body image, mid-life crisis, and middle-age
dating, while giving us a hearty and poignant laugh at how they've
become ingrained in our consciousness.

    */Famous Salad Luncheon Buffet
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>/*

*May 31, 2013*
Friday, 11:30 - 2:30 PM
/$15 - limited availability/

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/saladluncheon.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>*

On May 31st, as part of the Chagrin Falls Historic Home and Garden Tour
<http://www.yourhometownchagrinfalls.com/our-events/historic-home-and-garden-tour/>,
the Women's Committee will be serving up a buffet of delicious home-made
salads, rolls, delectable desserts and beverages (take out available).
The event will be held upstairs in the River Room at CVLT (40 River
Street in downtown Chagrin Falls). A drawing will be held for
complimentary tickets to CVLT's SKIN DEEP
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/skindeep.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>
(May 31 - June 22). *All this for just $15!*

For more information or tickets to the Chagrin Valley Home and Garden
Tour, call 440.247.1895. Tickets to the Tour are available between 11:00
AM and 3:00 PM at 83 N. Main Street in Chagrin Falls, or online at
www.yourhometownchagrinfalls.com
<http://www.yourhometownchagrinfalls.com/our-events/historic-home-and-garden-tour/>

The *CVLT Women's Committee* has been a volunteer support group for over
50 years. Through the decades, they have assisted behind the scenes for
productions, held fund raisers, redecorated, refurbished and maintained
the theatre, hosted 'talks' with local celebrities, and helped CVLT in
other, innumerable ways. New members are welcome! To learn more, contact
the box office at 440-247-8955 or boxoffice at cvlt.org.

    OPEN AUDITIONS
    <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

      Legally Blonde

Based on the novel by Amanda Brown and the 2001 film, Legally Blonde is
the story of Elle Woods, an attractive sorority girl who heads to
Harvard Law to win back her boyfriend, but soon discovers how her law
education gives her the power to help others. With music and lyrics by
Laurence O'Keefe and Nell Benjamin and book by Heather Hach, this
popular musical comedy was nominated for multiple Tony and Drama Desk
awards.

Directed & Choreographed by Pamela LaForce
Musical Direction by David Keith Stiver

*Audition Dates: May 5th and 6th at 7pm, with call backs May 7th*
Auditions will be held at CVLT's Red Barn annex, 38 River St. Chagrin
Falls, immediately adjacent to the main CVLT entrance

*Show Dates:* July 19 to August 17 - Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM and
Sundays July 28, August 4, August 11 at 2 PM

*Audition Details: ***All roles are available.** For a complete listing
of roles, see www.CVLT.org/auditions
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

Prepare 16 bars uptempo/16 bars ballad, preferably in the style of the
show, but not /from/ the show. Please bring your own sheet music in the
correct key - no acappella auditions.

Dance and script reading will be done at call backs.

Headshots and acting resumes are welcome but not required.

      The 10-10 New Plays Festival

CVLT began the biennial /10-10 Festival/ in 2009, putting out the call
for short plays to be performed at its River Street Playhouse, the
smaller venue adjacent to the main theater building. Ten plays would be
chosen, each lasting roughly ten minutes. The first /10-10/ that July
was a resounding success, receiving submissions from all over Northeast
Ohio and beyond. The second edition was equally a hit. Now /The 10-10/
is back for its third edition, with 10 new short plays.

Directed by Yvonne E. Pilarczyk & Kat Remick

*Audition Dates: May 8th and 9th at 7pm, with call backs May 13th*
Auditions and performances will be held at CVLT's River Street Playhouse
Chagrin Falls, across the parking lot from the main CVLT building

*Show Dates:* June 28 to July 13 - Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM

*Audition Details: *We are looking for a company of male and female
actors ages 20s through 80s! Everyone will likely be cast in more than
one piece. Rehearsals will begin May 13 or May 14 and will be held
Sunday through Thursday evenings, but actors will only be scheduled to
rehearse on nights when their piece or pieces are rehearsed. Please
bring a list of all conflicts to the audition. We will read from the
scripts. Headshots and acting resumes are welcome but not required.

    Announcing CVLT's 84th CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

    Items listed in *PURPLE* are main stage productions. Items in
    *ORANGE* are River Street Playhouse productions. Items in *GREEN*
    are special events. For more complete information on each of these
    productions, see our 84th Seaseon listing online!
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

      * *MURDER BY THE FALLS: Cereal Killer* (September 6-7, 2013)
        annual audience-participatory comedy/mystery fund raising event
      * *POSTMORTEM* (September 27 - October 19, 2013)
        a comedy/mystery by Ken Ludwig
      * *Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook* (October 19 - 20, 2013)
        annual Halloween show for kids
      * *CANNIBAL! The Musical* (October 18 - November 2, 2013)
        a wild musical comedy by Trey Parker at CVLT's River Street
        Playhouse
      * *Youth Theater Showcase* (November 9 - 10, 2013)
      * *A CHRISTMAS CAROL* (November 15 - December 15, 2013)
        a family holiday musical by composer Alan Menken, lyricist Lynn
        Ahrens, and playwrights Mike Ockrent and Lynn Ahrens
      * *THE SANTALAND DIARIES* (November 22 - December 7, 2013)
        a dark holiday comedy by David Sedaris at CVLT's River Street
        Playhouse
      * *Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea* (December 7 - 8, 2013)
        annual Christmas show for kids
      * *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert *(December 21 -
        22, 2013)
      * *BENDING BROADWAY: A New Year's Eve Musical Revue* (December 31,
        2013)
        a fun New Year's cabaret of gender-reversed Broadway music
        performances
      * *TBA* (January 17 - February 8, 2014)
        a non-musical, details coming soon
      * *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert* (February 14
        - 15, 2014)
      * *THE BELLE OF AMHERST* (February 21 - March 8, 2014)
        an play about Emily Dickinson by William Luce at CVLT's River
        Street Playhouse
      * *Youth Theater Show* (March 1 - 2 , 2014)
      * *FOLLIES in Concert* (March 21 - April 5, 2014)
        a musical by Stephen Sondheim
      * *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra* (May 2 - 3, 2014)
      * *THE LAST ROMANCE* (April 25 - May 10, 2014)
        a romantic comedy by Joe DiPietro at CVLT's River Street Playhouse
      * *TWENTIETH CENTURY* (May 30 - June 21, 2014)
        a comedy by Ken Ludwig
      * *SHREK* (July 18 - August 16, 2014)/- family musical /
        a family musical by composer Jeanine Tesori and
        playwright/lyricist David Lindsay-Abaire
      * *THE EXIT INTERVIEW* (July 25 - August 9, 2014)
        a comedy by William Missouri Downs at CVLT's River Street Playhouse

*FUNDRAISER BRICKS - ORDER NOW!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for our next installation of bricks, so visit
http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>
to order yours today!

*ADVERTISE WITH CVLT!*

Did you know that ticket sales only cover a fraction of what it costs to
put on a show and keep CVLT running?

Your advertisement in our playbill or on our e-ticket not only puts your
business in front of thousands of people, but it helps us to defray the
costs of entertaining and educating the community.

Playbill ads start at just $150 for the season, and on-ticket ads start
at just $100 per quarter. We also offer show sponsorships!

Reserve your space now!
http://www.cvlt.org/advertise
<http://www.cvlt.org/advertise/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may2013>

We appreciate your support!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.