[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS-Pirates of Penzance

sfs05 at ohioramp.com sfs05 at ohioramp.com
Wed May 22 12:02:11 PDT 2013

AUDITIONS - Gilbert and Sullivan's
"The Pirates of Penzance"

Thurs May 30, 6-9PM
Sat June 1, 2-4PM
Brunswick Recreation Center
3637 Center Rd., Brunswick OH 44212

Accompanist provided.  Be prepared with a 1 minute excerpt from your
favorite Broadway-style song that shows your range. Be prepared to sing a
selection from this show if asked. Open auditions, no appointment
necessary.

As part of our 25th Anniversary Season of presenting Community
Theatre in Medina County, Brunswick ACT will be presenting a large-
scale, summer musical mainstage production, Gilbert and Sullivan's
"The Pirates of Penzance."  The artistic goal is to present a fast-
paced, bright, modern version suitable for summer theatre American
family audiences.  (Somewhat more in the style of the 1980's Papp
revival than 1870's operatic style.)  The show will be held in the multi-
million-dollar James J. Hayas Performing Arts Center on the Brunswick City
Schools Educational Campus at I-71 and Route 303.

Performance dates are July 19/20/21.

Male:
Frederic - Our Hero, a 21-year old Pirate (tenor) who wants to leave
piracy behind.
Major-General Stanley (comic-baritone or tenor) sometimes more grandfatherly
than military.
The Pirate King - Our charismatic, swashbuckling, show-stealing leader of
the Pirates.  (bass-baritone).
Sergeant of Police - speaking and solo singing role (bass).
Chorus of Police - (about 10) (bass/baritone).

Female:
Mabel - Our Heroine (soprano) who loves Frederic.  She's a Daughter of the
Major-General
Ruth - A Piratical maid of all work (contralto) 40+
Edith - (mezzo-soprano) a Daughter of the Major-General
Kate - (mezzo-soprano) a Daughter of the Major-General
Isabel - A Daughter of the Major-General
Chorus of Daughters (about 10) includes several roles with solos /dialogue.

All are expected to be very good singers.

And of course, the PIRATES - (about 10 or so) Our ragtag band of Pirates
includes Samuel and others with speaking roles.  All should be strong
singers and able to move onstage. (may be a mixed chorus if necessary to
achieve high vocal range & athletic movement.)

The Production Staff Includes:
Sara Ballou, Vocal Direction.
Rachael Rae Fasano, Vocal Coach, Associate Musical Director and Pianist
Megan Herman, Associate Musical Director and Pianist
Tony Rump, Orchestra Supervisor
Shawn Skeabeck, Staging Direction
Howard Hall, Technical Direction
Caitlin Reilly, Choreographer
Michelle Key, Costumer
Marjorie Sirocky, Sound Supervisor
James Carrick, Stage Manager
Jack Kelm, Lighting Designer

Interested candidates should show up during the times listed above.  You
may bring a headshot and resume but will have your picture taken onsite.

Questions? Visit the Brunswick Alumni Community Theatre Website for
announcements, or send an email to sfs05 at ohioramp.com

Brunswick Alumni Community Theatre is a 501(c)3 non-profit
corporation dedicated to bringing quality theatre and theatre
education to the City of Brunswick.

Brunswick Alumni Community Theatre
P.O. Box 600
Brunswick, OH 44212