[NEohioPAL] Become a Haiku Agent at CPT!

Emily Ritger eritger at cptonline.org
Tue May 28 07:55:13 PDT 2013

Become a Haiku Agent at Cleveland Public Theatre!

Interested? Watch this video.<http://www.ghm575.com/?page_id=250> Still interested? E-mail New Play Associate, Emily Ritger, at eritger at cptonline.org<mailto:eritger at cptonline.org> to sign up!

On June 8th for Gordon Square Arts District Day CPT is hosting the Haiku Mistress to lead the community in covering the neighborhood with haiku.

This will not be your typical volunteering experience...so I want to give you an idea of what to expect-

I will divide you into teams of 3-5 (or create your own team) for 4 hour shifts (between 10am and 10pm), and pit you in good-natured competition against the other teams of volunteers to see which crew can get the most people to write haiku with them.  Yes.  Haiku.

To help you, each team will have:

A) A scavenger hunt divided into People, and Places (people to get to write haiku, and places to write haiku)

B) A few buckets of sidewalk chalk,

C) Specific team roles:

  * Team Leader; holds clipboard, delegates tasks, keeps time, takes photos and sends 'em to me: photos at ghm575.org<mailto:photos at ghm575.org>

  * Engager; approaches festival-goers and gets new folks involved

  * Poet; inspired by the world around them, they gets the ball rolling by starting to write brilliant haiku

During our training and debrief on Friday, June 7 from 7:00-8:30pm, we will go over some ideas on how to engage people, and do some pre-kuing in the space to get us warmed up.  In the meantime, check out this video to get an idea of what Guerilla Haiku is all about: NJ Star-Ledger Video about GHM<http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2012/04/guerilla_haiku_movement_in_ora.html>

Start counting syllables, and THANK YOU (in advance) for joining us on Saturday, June 8th, the energy and positivity of the Guerilla Haiku experience comes directly from the Agents of Haiku involved!!!