[NEohioPAL] School of Rock and Ohio City Writers Presents Words and Music Workshop June 12th and June 14th

Highland Heights clevelandeast at schoolofrock.com
Wed May 29 12:24:41 PDT 2013

*School of Rock and Ohio City Writers Presents Words and Music*

*A workshop for teens with and without music experience
who want to write real songs.

Part 1: Wednesday, June 12, 7-9 p.m.
at Ohio City Writers, 3208 Lorain Ave., Cleveland

*The first session is led by Tony Vorell, lyricist for Cleveland rock band
Herzog. Tony will start with an introduction to the basic A(A(B chord
structure and how it works with the chorus and verses. Participants
will collaborate on a song, then break up into small teams to work on
more songs. Acoustic guitars are welcome. We can accept 10 students
in this session.

*Part 2: Friday, June 14, 7-10 p.m.
at Rocky River School of Rock, 20148 Detroit Rd.

*We’ll organize into groups of two to four and write a complete song in
two hours. Tony and School ofRock staffers will be on hand to offer
guidance. In the final hour, each group will perform and get feedback.
This workshop is open to musicians who did not attend the lyrics
workshop )20 students total*.*

Register online at
OhioCityWriters.org*
--

*Kris Monroe, *General Manager

*School of Rock, Highland Heights
299 Alpha Park*

*Highland Heights, OH 44143
*Tel *440-684-ROCK (7625)*
www.schoolofrock.com

www.facebook.com/schoolofrockcleveland

www.twitter.com/sorcleveland

*Now Enrolling For Our 2013 Summer Camps!!*

*"Inspiring the world to rock on stage and in life"*

--

prohibited.