[NEohioPAL] OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE - King Lear - Tuesday June 4 - Negative Space Gallery

Cleveland Shakespeare Festival cleveshakes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 13:35:10 PDT 2013

If you've never attended an Open Mic Shakespeare reading, what might you
expect to see?

A social group of fun, friendly folks who like to relax with a beer or
glass of wine while reading through some of the greatest dramatic works in
the English language.  Everyone is welcome, regardless of acting experience
or academic background.  Our sole aim is to enjoy exploring the language
out loud, as it was meant to be experienced.

At 7pm on Tuesday June 4, we're meeting at the Negative Space Gallery and
Cafe, a fantastically funky spot in the AsiaTown plaza at 38th and
Superior.  Park in lots B or C off of E 38th street, and come up to the
second floor of the building via the stairs or elevator.

This month, we're reading King Lear.  An aging monarch. A kingdom divided.
A child’s love rejected. As Lear’s world descends into chaos, all that he
once believed is brought into question. One of the greatest works in
western literature, KING LEAR explores the very nature of human existence:
love and duty, power and loss, good and evil.

We will have a limited number of copies available, so if you have a copy of
your own, please bring it.

You can also receive more information on Open Mic Shakespeare and our FREE
outdoor touring repertory that opens June 14 by visiting our website at
www.cleveshakes.org<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveshakes.org&h=CAQG0F5cW&s=1>
and
subscribing to our RSS feed!

Brian Pedaci