[NEohioPAL] Ethnic Performing Artists (Traditional/Modern/Variety Global)

GVF Festival Committee gvfestivalcommitteecoordinator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:05:44 PDT 2013

* News Release*
 Contact: Michael G. Gaffney, APR
Vice President, Marketing
Office: 330-643-5532
Cell: 330-701-8080

 Date: May 22, 2013

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ETHNIC ARTISTS SOUGHT FOR GLOBAL VILLAGE FESTIVAL *

(AKRON, OHIO) — The Global Village Festival is seeking local artists,
musicians and musical acts with ethnic fusion to participate at this fall’s
2nd Annual Event on Saturday, September 14 at Lock 3 Park in Downtown Akron.

The Global Village Festival of Greater Akron is a celebration of
international and ethnic diversity in our community. This event will
highlight the dynamics of the cultural diversity in our modern urban
environment, and is designed to enable distinctive cultural expressions –
including performances, exhibitions, international cuisine, and much more.

Performers in a variety of categories, including music, instrumental music,
theater, dance, storytelling/puppetry, martial arts, and more are
encouraged to apply. The application form can be found online at
www.akrongvf.org/participate.htm.

Performers will be selected based on the quality of their performance and
the ability to represent the ethnicity specified on the application.
Typically, each act will perform for 20 to 30 minutes and will perform only
once unless other arrangements have been made with the Festival Committee.
Larger groups may perform up to 45 minutes if approved by Festival
Committee.

The Global Village Festival of Greater Akron is a free community event. All
performers are asked to donate their time and talent. A sliding scale has
been created to help cover some costs that might be incurred by performers.
Acts are permitted and encouraged to have their merchandise available for
sale to festival attendees, however, they must complete a Vendor
Application prior to the event. All performers must meet the requirements
as set by the City of Akron.

According to Global Village Festival coordinator Helena Larios, “One of the
great parts of this event is the wide variety of entertainment that our
attendees will see. All types of artists, from traditional to modern and
from music to dance to performance art are encouraged to apply. Our
committee members are bringing some performers to our attention, but there
are certainly many that we don’t know about and we don’t want to miss them.”

Summit County’s international and ethnic diversity is an extremely
important community asset that can enrich and enlarge our collective world
view. The Global Village Festival is an international culture festival that
will help foster a greater awareness and appreciation for the diversity
that exists in Summit County. Those who attend will leave the festival with
knowledge, contacts, and resources that they can develop and nurture into
meaningful connections.

The purpose of this event is to unite people from all cultures -
celebrating our commonalities and differences through performing arts,
music, dance, song, authentic ethnic foods, visual arts, interactive &
educational exhibits and a global marketplace.

--
Festival Committee Coordinator
Global Village Festival of Greater Akron