[NEohioPAL] Join the cast of HBTI's Jekyll & Hyde!!!

Bob Russell bobrussell0019 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 09:50:41 PDT 2013

The Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute will be holding a final round of ensemble auditions for Jekyll & Hyde.

We
 are seeking youth performers who are interested in joining this AMAZING
 cast.  View the current cast list and full production details here:
http://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5798#casting

Auditions will be on Thursday, June 13 from 4:30-6:00 pm at Hathaway Brown.  Address:
19600 North Park Boulevard
 Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122

Make your audition appointment today!  Sign up for your appointment at:
https://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5832&LockSSL=true

If you are unable to attend this audition, please email the director Bob Russell at jekyll.hyde.hbti at gmail.com to make additional arrangements.

Jekyll & Hyde

Conceived for the Stage by Steve Cuden and Frank Wildhorn

Book and Lyrics by
Leslie Bricusse, Music By Frank Wildhorn

Director – Bob Russell

Music Director - John Krol

Choreographer - Bebe Weinberg Katz

ABOUT THE PLAY

An evocative tale of the epic battle between good and evil,
*Jekyll & Hyde*is based on Robert Louis Stevenson's classic story about a
brilliant doctor whose experiments with human personality create a murderous
counterpart.

August 9 - 18, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at
2:00pm (2weekends; 6 performances)

**Please Note:  **to be eligible to participate in Jekyll & Hyde**

You must attend at least 1 session of HBTI '13 Summer Training.
http://www.hb.edu/hbti

What student's are saying about HBTI's staff:

"The level of professionalism and talent that Fred Sternfeld
inspires in young performers is incredible. At the age of thirteen, I had the
great pleasure of playing both Rhoda Penmark in The Bad Seed and Brigitta Von
Trapp in The Sound of Music under Fred's direction. That year I was cast in The
Crucible, my first Broadway show. More than ten years later, I am lucky enough
to be working on Broadway again in Peter and the Starcatcher, and I still count
my experiences with Fred as some of the most valuable learning opportunities
I've had. I would tell any aspiring actor to jump at the chance to work with
him."

Betsy Hogg, TV / Film: Rocket Science, Law & Order: SVU;
Broadway: The Crucible, Fiddler on the Roof, Showboat (tour), Peter and the
Starcatcher; Off-Broadway: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie; Graduate of
Northwestern University.

"The biggest aspect about working with Bob Russell that was
different than any other teacher I had previously was that he never treated me
like a kid.  I am now able to be
successful in every aspect of college theatre and could not have done any of it
without everything taught to me by Bob.
He pinpointed where I was successful, and then led me in the direction
to work on what needed to be fixed. Anyone who gets the privilege to learn
something from Bob Russell should soak in every skill, tool, and piece of
information he gives. There’s no way I would be as confident as I am today
without what he taught me."

Jessica Hirsh, Freshman Theatre Major at The Ohio State
University. Credits: Les Miserables: School Edition, LIttle Beck Two Shoes in Urinetown, Eulalie Shinn in The Music Man,
Big, the musical.

"Working with Bob Russell has helped me grow tremendously
as a performer. He is a knowledgeable, encouraging teacher, and a talented
director. I would work with him on any project!"

Leah Saltzer, Credits: Les Miserables: School Edition, Hope Cladwell in Urinetown, Liesl
in The Sound of Music, Marian Paroo in The Music Man

Dancing is a universal method of communication, and learning
how to dance is like learning a new language. When you learn how to dance, the
world becomes a fundamentally different place, because you have a new
understanding of how people work and live in their bodies. I can't imagine
having learned the language of movement from anyone other than Bebe, who makes
the work significant, beautiful, and fun.

Austin Riley, Freshman at NYU. Credits: The Music Man,
Caldwell B. Cladwell in Urinetown, Les Miserables, Big, the musical. Studied with Bebe for 3 summers.