[NEohioPAL] Attn: Fans of "Book Of Mormon", "South Park", Trey Parker, etc.

Drew Rothman arothman at arothman.com
Thu Jun 6 09:04:06 PDT 2013

  *Attention Trey Parker Fans:*

Hi all!

If you love /The Book of Mormon/, /South Park/, /Baseketball/, /Team
America/, etc. as much as I do, then you're probably already aware of
composer/playwright Trey Parker's 1993 independent black comedy film,
*/Cannibal: The Musical!/*

For the uninitiated, /Cannibal/ was a goofball musical comedy which Trey
made in film school, immediately prior to his rocket to stardom as
co-creator of /South Park/. It's a spoof of classic 'western movie
musicals' (/Oklahoma!/, /The Music Man/) loosely based on the true story
of a mining party that died in a Colorado winter during the Gold Rush.
The film is full of the sophomoric humor, broad characters, and
satirical silliness that have made Trey Parker, along with his partner
Matt Stone, famous.

I will be directing a stage adaptation of the film script at Chagrin
Valley Little Theatre's River Street Playhouse October 18 - November 2
of this year (if you're interested, auditions will be 8/8 and 8/9).

    *It's A Shpadoinkle Campaign!*

I am running a small $5000 Indiegogo fundraiser* to make improvements to
the very rudimentary sound and lighting gear currently in the River
Street space. Ideally, I'd like to get a decent quality small PA system,
a permanent digital video projector, and if there's enough left over,
some new lighting instruments or dimmers. I'm calling it the
"Shpadoinkle Campaign", after the opening number of the show, "It's A
Shpadoinkle Day".

Of course there are perks for your tax-deductible donation, from name
recognition and personal promotion, up to t-shirts and posters, DVDs and
shirts from the original film, and even an exclusive cast recording with
karaoke tracks of some of the songs!

If you're a fan of Trey Parker's work, or even if you just want to
support the theater and my show, please see the campaign video and
details at this URL:

  *http://igg.me/at/cannibal*

At the very least, I ask that you Facebook, tweet, or blog about the
campaign if you're able to. $5000 isn't much as fundraisers go, and the
more people I can reach, the quicker the goal will be reached (or even
surpassed) as well. Donations are already coming in, and I'd love to
have NeOhio-PAL subscribers be a part of the success!

Thank you for your support,
Andrew Rothman

* Note: This campaign is an independent fundraiser launched and managed
by Andrew Rothman to benefit CVLT's River Street Playhouse. It is
sanctioned by but not operated or directed by CVLT.