[NEohioPAL] Auditions for 10 Minute Play Festival - Weathervane

Eileen Moushey emoushey at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 24 11:42:12 PDT 2013

Auditions for 3rd Annual Weathervane’s 8x10 TheatreFest (August 16,17,18)

Open auditions, Monday, July 1, 2013 at 7pm.   (Must be signed in by 7:30pm)

No monologues, no appointments, no huge time commitment.  (These are 10-minute plays, after all!)

Just show up with your resume/headshot (if you have one) and conflict calendar.

We are looking for actors for the following roles/plays.

WHY DID I MARRY AN ILLEGAL ALIEN by Lenny Levy, directed by Chanda Porter

A young woman, Sylvia, is beginning to regret her choice of a spouse because they come from entirely different backgrounds and cultures.    Will he be able to make the case for saving the marriage and staying together?   And will his sacrifice be enough for Sylvia?

SYLVIA    20s - 30s  A self-assured young woman, used to getting what she wants.    But she also has a sentimental streak.

HEY, HEY, I WANNA GET MARRIED  by B.N. Reichenberger,  directed by Jason Maurer

You know how sometimes, when you talk, there’s a lot you’d like to say, but don’t?    The characters in this play don’t have that problem.   For them, there’s no such thing as an unexpressed thought.    And since the subject of the conversation is their future together, the results are hysterically funny.

MAN        20s – 30s    Athletic.

WOMAN 20s – 30s    A good match for Man, physically.

DOUBLES TROUBLES by Ross Tandowsky, directed by Ian Haberman

Marion hears a “bump in the night” and sends off grumbling husband, Ralph, to investigate.   When the source of the noise – their grandson, Jack – is discovered, things get back to normal.   Or as ‘normal’ as it gets around Ralph and Marion!

JACK        20s           A regular guy.

Questions?  Can’t make it to auditions but would like to be considered?

Contact TheatreFest Coordinator Eileen Moushey at emoushey at hotmail.com or 10minuteplay at neo.rr.com.   You can also send your resume/headshot to that address.

TICKETS are now on sale for TheatreFest Weekend on AUGUST 16-18.    We’ll present all 8 Finalist plays on Friday and Saturday at 8pm and Sunday matinee at 2:30.   Guest judges will determine First and Second Place winners - and the audience will vote for the Fan Favorite!    Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at a reception following Sunday’s matinee.

TheatreFest has become a “hot ticket” and we expect it to be again.   Tickets are only $10, so book now to guarantee a seat!

Call 330-836-2626 or go to www.weathervaneplayhouse.com.