[NEohioPAL] Special Introductory Rate for Fairmount Theatre Academy's Theatre Concepts Workshop

Karolczak, Ali akarolczak11 at jcu.edu
Mon Jun 24 10:37:57 PDT 2013

Fairmount Center for the Arts
In partnership with the Academy for the Performing Arts of Chagrin Falls
- Presents -

Fairmount Theatre Academy's
*Theatre Concepts Workshop *
*
*
*There's still time to sign up for Sessions 2-3!*
*
*
**Special Introductory Rate!! *
*Each session will now be only $225!!**
www.chagrinacademy.org/fta.htm
A two-week summer theatre intensive for students entering grades 6 -college

Session 2: July 1- July 12, 9am-5pm
Playwriting & Production Design

Session 3: July 15- July 26, 9am-5pm
Improvisation & Theatrical Sword Fighting

*Theatre Concepts Workshop* is FTA's new program for our busy students who
still want a rewarding workshop this summer. Participants are able to learn
with some of the regions best and most well-known theatre artists and
educators during this fun and exciting 2-week program. In this short burst
program, students are given the unique opportunity to discover their own
creative freedom in each session's unique and specialized classes.

*A typical day includes:*
9:00-9:30 Group Warmups
9:30-12:30 Acting classes and Exercises
12:30-1:30 Lunch
1:30-4:00 Concept Classes
4:00-5:00 Social Debrief

Session 2: July 1- July 12
Playwriting & Production Design
Ever wanted to write a play? You'll get the chance to in our inspiring
playwright workshop! Write a 10 minute (or longer) play. Then get to see it
as its acted out by your fellow students. What's more, you'll get to learn
how to design costumes and sets as you do so with your own play's
characters and world!

Session 3: July 15- July 26
Improvisation & Theatrical Sword Fighting
Have the time of your life playing improv games and learning great
techniques for thinking off the top of her head! Then learn how to sword
fight with our stage combat intensive! No better way to wind up your summer
fun!

Register Now!!!!
Fairmount Center for the Arts
(440) 338-3171

Please contact FTA Director Dusten Welch to inquire for more information.

Dusten Welch
Director
Fairmount Theatre Academy
dustenw at yahoo.com
330-749-6841

*Fairmount Center for the Arts* is proud to introduce our new theatre and
music camp for grades 6 - college. Fairmount Center for the Arts, a
43-year-old community art institution dedicated to arts learning for people
of all ages and abilities, has produced Broadway stars, noteworthy writers,
award-winning technical theatre people, and more during its three
generations. Fairmount has affiliated with *The Academy for the Performing
Arts* to create a brand new performing arts camp that not only provides
young theatre students with some of the finest professional training in Ohio,
taught by the faculty and staff of*Fairmount *and the *Academy*, but also
offers students a mini-Academy experience for those wishing to attend the
Academy college prep program full time during the school year. Formerly
known as FPAC, and under the new direction of Dusten Welch, FTA's fun, new
summer camp now operates out of the state of the art facilities at Chagrin
Falls Performing Arts Center in Chagrin Falls.