[NEohioPAL] Ma'Sue Productions presents O Patria Mia at Balch Street Theatre

masueproductions masueproductions at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 04:47:15 PDT 2013

How do we please oneself while attempting to uphold our families values?
This is the question that drives "O Patria Mia," a new work which can be
seen July 11 through 13.

The play chronicles Red (Roger La Pierre Freeman-Harris), a 35 year old,
New Yorker, who is in the final stage of the AIDS virus in 1992. Red has
made the controversial choice to end his AZT treatment, and to die
naturally rather than live longer with the debilitating side effects of the
medication.

His devastated family arrives at his bedside as Red slowly succumbs to his
illness. In this time they are forced to deal with issues of pride, loss,
mortality and perhaps most profoundly, what it means to show love to
someone.

The performance is being produced by Ma' Sue productions in collaboration
with the Center for Applied Theatre and Active Culture (CATAC).

The show is directed by India Burton and is written by John Dayo Aliya.

Performance times are at 8 p.m. all three days, with an additional matinee
on July 13 at 2 p.m.

Presale tickets are $7; tickets at the door are $10.

Performances will be at 220 S. Balch Street in Akron.

For details, contact Ma' Sue Productions at 330-631-5176.