[NEohioPAL] Youngest Female Sword-Swallower in the World Joins the Cast of FTA's Side Show

Karolczak, Ali akarolczak11 at jcu.edu
Wed Jul 3 08:05:30 PDT 2013

*Fairmount Center for the Arts Presents*
*A Fairmount Theatre Academy Production*
*
*
*Side Show*
*
*
*Book and Lyrics by Bill Russell *
*Music by Henry Krieger*
*
*
Directed by Dusten Welch
Music Directed by Youssef Hamid & Emily Morgan

We are so excited with how well the first session of our Professional
Workshop camp is coming along! As a part of this program, our students have
only three weeks to put on a full-length musical!

As we near the end of our first summer session, we are so proud of what our
students have accomplished. We have some incredibly talented young actors
and actresses who really shine in this story that is based on real-life
siamese twins, Violet and Daisy Hilton. Our Reptile Girl is amazingly
athletic with her backflips and handstands, The Boss commands the stage as
the leader of the sideshow and has an incredible voice that you won't soon
forget *and we are so pleased to have Rebecca Gamelin now joining us, the
youngest female sword-swallower in the world! *
*
*
*The entire cast of the show includes: *
*
*
Violet Hilton – Hannah Gang
Daisy Hilton – Emily Wirthwein
The Boss – Charlotte Fallick
Buddy Foster – David Bays
Terry Conner – Anthony Belfiglio
Jake – CeeJay Waldon
Buddy Foster – David Bays
Terry Conner – Anthony Belfiglio
Geek – Mario Belfiglio
 Fakir – Mia Bester
Dolly Dimples – Emily Fields-Gavorski
6th Exhibit – Jenna Freireich
Sword Swallower – Rebecca Gamelin
Josephine Joseph – Abby Garry
Magician – Will Hove
Harem Girl – Lizzie Hoy
Reptile Girl – Rachel Hoy
Snake Lady – Mikayla Izzo
Bearded Lady – Molly Pavilonis
Fortune Teller – Margo Tillstrom

We invite you to take a look inside our *Side Show* tent by liking us on
Facebook (Fairmount Theatre Academy) and following our blog at
http://ftasideshow.blogspot.com/. We post daily entries for updates on the
progress of our show and spotlights on our characters.

Dates and Times:
July 5 at 7:30 pm
July 6 at 7:30 pm
July 7 at 1:30 pm

Ticket Prices:
$15 for adults
$12 for students and seniors
Call (440) 338-3171 for reservations

Location:
Chagrin Falls High School, Studio Theatre
400 E. Washington Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022

Side Show was nominated for four Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best
Book of a Musical, Best Original Score, and Best Performance by a Leading
Actress in a Musical. Based on the true story of Siamese twins Violet and
Daisy Hilton who became stars during the Depression, Side Show is a moving
portrait of two women joined at the hip whose extraordinary bondage brings
them fame but denies them love. Told almost entirely in song, the show
follows their progression from England to America, around the vaudeville
circuit and to Hollywood on the eve of their appearance in the 1932 movie
Freaks.