[NEohioPAL] Final Round of Beck Center’s Summer Theater Camps Starts July 22!

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Sun Jul 7 08:26:49 PDT 2013

If you haven’t yet signed up for one of Beck Center’s summer theater camps then you might want to do so sooner than later or you might miss out.  In each of these camps, students work together with professionals to put together a unique production where everyone is guaranteed a performance opportunity. Come join us and discover the fun of creative collaboration and developing something out of nothing.  But don’t wait too long … as we are already ahead of registration from where we normally are at this time (and we usually sell out)!

You can check out more information and register directly online at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org.>, or if you’d like help with registering, call Beck Center at 216.521.2540 x10 or simply stop on by!

Junior Theater Camp: That’s Entertainment!  Ages 7 to 12
July 22 - August 9 from 9:30 to 11:30 am*
Monday-Friday for 3 weeks
Performances: August 9 at 11:30 am & 6:00 pm
Faculty: Angela Bruzina, Ian LeRoy, Rachael Palermo, Caitlin Reilly, Rachel Spence, Russel Stich
Tuition: $255

The Junior Theater Camp is designed for all students interested in performing, whether or not they have prior experience. Campers work with theater professionals picking up techniques in acting, singing, and dancing as they rehearse for their own original variety show, That’s Entertainment!  This fun presentation is a culmination of their work in camp and features acting scenes and musical numbers. Campers have two performances for family and friends on the last day of camp in our Music Armory Building Recital Hall.

Additional information concerning performances is distributed the first day of camp. Students are required to participate in both performances. Tuition does not include admission to performances. Tickets to performances are $5 each.

*Lunch-time supervision is provided for students enrolling in both our Junior Theater and Visual Arts Camps.  See website for more details on the Visual Arts Camp.

Musical Theater Camp: The Best of Broadway Ages 13 to 19
July 22-August 9; Monday-Friday; 3 weeks; 12 to 4 pm; Tuition: $355; Performances on August 9 & 10 at 7:30 pm
Faculty: Angela Bruzina, Jonathan Kronenberger, Ian LeRoy, Rachael Palermo, Caitlin Reilly.

This musical theater camp is for students who are serious and passionate about performing in musical theater. Participants work with a director, musical director and choreographer as a dedicated team to pull together an original musical revue: The Best of Broadway. Songs and material are selected specifically for the students involved, creating a totally unique experience. If you love musicals, you’ll love this camp. Tuition does not include admission to performances. Tickets to performances are $5 each.

Placement Auditions: Thursday, July 18, 3 to 5 pm
Participants are encouraged to schedule a preliminary audition so that we may determine appropriate material for the performance. This is NOT mandatory. Sign-up is available upon registration. Students are asked to prepare a short musical theater song that demonstrates their abilities.

* * * * *

Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring regional artists.