[NEohioPAL] $10 Preview Night (7.11.13) for Monty Python's Spamalot at Beck Center

Pat Miller pmiller at beckcenter.org
Wed Jul 10 09:56:51 PDT 2013

Beck Center for the Arts
presents

MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT

Book & Lyrics by Eric Idle
Music by John Du Prez & Eric Idle

A new musical lovingly ripped off from the motion picture "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
>From the original screenplay by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin

Directed by Scott Spence
Musical Direction by Larry Goodpaster
Choreographed by Martín Céspedes

~ $10 PREVIEW NIGHT ~
Thursday, July 11
8:00 pm / Mackey Main Stage

MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT Preview Night admission is $10. Advance tickets go on sale online at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, July 11 and at the Beck Center box office 10:00 a.m. Thursday. Tickets may be purchased at the door based on availability. General admission seating. Doors open approximately 15 minutes prior to curtain.

Preview Night tickets go on sale online at 12:01 am, July 11.

To purchase tickets online with a credit card, click here: http://sa1.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?presenter=BECKCENTER

To purchase tickets from the Beck Center Box Office after 10:00 am, call: 216.521.2540 x10.

ABOUT THE SHOW

With music by the Grammy Award-winning team of Eric Idle and John Du Prez and lyrics by Mr. Idle, Spamalot tells the story of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they embark on their quest for the Holy Grail. Throughout their journey they experience many odd encounters that include killer rabbits, a chorus line of dancing divas, knee-slapping knights, flatulent Frenchmen, flying cows, and show-stopping musical numbers including Always Look on the Bright Side of Life and The Song That Goes Like This.

"It is every Monty Python fan's dream to be able to direct this show," commented Director Scott Spence, "and makes all of those years watching Monty Python every Friday night on PBS so worthwhile." With musical direction by Larry Goodpaster and choreography by Martín Céspedes, the talented cast of 20, including Equity actors Dougfred Miller as King Arthur and Jessica Cope Miller as Lady of the Lake, will keep the laughs rolling in this shameless parade of puns and slapstick. The Sunday Times said Spamalot "raises silliness to an art form," and backstage.com hailed it as "ever-zany and utterly delightful."

Tickets for Spamalot are $28 for adults, $25 for seniors (65 and older), $12 for students (with valid I.D.), and $10 for children (12 and under). An additional $3 service fee per ticket is applied at the time of purchase. Preview Night on Thursday, July 11 is $10 with general admission seating. Group discounts (13 or more) are available. Purchase tickets online at beckcenter.org or call Customer Services at 216.521.2540, ext. 10. Beck Center for the Arts is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, just ten minutes west of downtown Cleveland. Free onsite parking is available.

Beck Center will host "Marquee Friday" on opening night, July 12, which includes three gallery exhibits, free musical entertainment by Lounge Kitty, complimentary appetizers and happy hour drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Daniel's Lounge.

Presented through special arrangement with Theatrical World Rights this production of Monty Python's Spamalot is sponsored by Murphy Weber Fox and is generously funded by Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and the Ohio Arts Council.

Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and free gallery exhibits featuring local, regional, and international artists.

Cast of Characters

King Arthur - Dougfred Miller*
Lancelot/French Taunter/Knight of Kni/Tim The Enchanter - Brian Altman
Sir Robin/Guard 1/Brother Maynard - Matthew Ryan Thompson
Dennis Galahad/Herbert's Father/Black Knight - Eric Thomas Fancher
Sir Bedevere/Dennis' Mother/Concorde - Mark Heffernan
Patsy/Finland Mayor/Guard 2 - Pat Miller
Historian/Not-Dead-Fred/2nd French Guard/Minstrel/Prince Herbert - Timothy J. Allen
Lady of the Lake - Jessica L. Cope*

Male Ensemble:       Ben Donahoo                         Female Ensemble:       Megan Brautigam
                               Paul Hoffman                                                            Sara Zoe Budnik
                               Storm Hurwitz                                                            Alyssa Easterly
                               Andrew Kotzen                                                          Holly Kay Harris
                               Robert Pierce                                                            Erin Moylan
                               Christopher Sanders                                                  Kelsey Elizabeth Smith

*Actor appears courtesy of the Actors' Equity Association (AEA), the union of actors and stage managers.

Production Staff

Artistic Director/Director - Scott Spence
Musical Director - Larry Goodpaster
Choreographer - Martín Céspedes**
Stage Manager - Becky Adams
Assistant Stage Managers - Hayley Baran, Caitlyn Cerny
Scenic & Lighting Designer - Trad A Burns
Associate Scenic & Lighting Designer - Benjamin Gantose
Costume Designer - Aimee Kluiber
Sound Designer - Carlton Guc
Technical Director - Joseph Carmola
Technical Assistant - Clint Felker
Carpenters - Dan Folino
Scenic Artists - Sarah Siertle, Al Stockdale
Dance Captain - Holly Kay Harris
Costume Intern - Sarah Royer
Costume First Hand - Terry Pieritz
Costume Stitchers - Angela Bruzina, Jessica Fink, Barbara Leahy, Michelle Park, Jeri Kluiber
Wardrobe Mistress - Arielle Shepherd
Props Mistress - Kate George
Light Board Operator - Katie Giglia
Sound Board Operator - Kasey Gilder
Follow Spots - Libby Burchmore, Mary Kahelin, Anna Verbiak
Technical Intern - Alyssa Easterly
Decking Crew - Gareth Harris, Libby Burchmore

** Member of the Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers (SDC).

Orchestra

Conductor - Larry Goodpaster
Keyboards - Bryan Bird, David Coxe, Larry Goodpaster
Reeds - Kim Coxe, Karen Langenwalter
Trumpets - Nick Ciulla, Juan Ingram, Matt Wirfel
Trombones - Vince Guenter
Guitar/Banjo/Bass - Kevin Aylward
Drums - Bill Hart
Percussion - Don Safranek

PAT MILLER
Publications Coordinator
[Screen shot 2012-08-06 at 6.45.20 AM.png]
17801 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107
beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org/>       |   216.521.2540 x20   |    Fax 216.521.2110

THEATER   |   EDUCATION   |   EXHIBITIONS   |   OUTREACH