[NEohioPAL] Solo Performer Seeking Venue/ Organization to Workshop Solo Show (Keith Foster)

Keith Foster keithjamesfoster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 09:05:20 PDT 2013

This summer, I received a grant from my school (Marietta College) to
develop a full-length solo show. I now have a 60 minute piece currently
titled "Each at his Forge" that I am looking to workshop and perform for
audiences to continue the piece's development.

If there are any theatres out here in the NE Ohio area who would be willing
to allow me to use their venue or lend me their support in continuing to
develop this new work, I would greatly appreciate it. A description of the
piece and a little about my theatre background are included at the bottom.

I'm primarily looking for a space between now and Aug. 30, though I'm also
open to later performances/workshops (I'll be available again starting in
December, though this timing gets tricky).

If you're interested in lending a hand in this new work development, or if
you have any questions, please email me atkeithjamesfoster at gmail.com

About the Piece: The Michigan state-appointed Emergency Manager has been
charged with diminishing Detroit's estimated $18 billion debt. One proposed
plan is to liquidate the city-owned art held at the Detroit Institue of Art
(DIA). Celebrated artist, Abe Idelson, is commissioned by the DIA to create
a series of portraits related to this recent conflict. As Abe embodies the
subjects of his portraits, he also tells the story of his housekeeper and
her son, ultimately driving him to his realization that he too is complicit
in the degradation of the Public Trust.

About the Artist: Keith Foster is a senior BFA theatre major at Marietta
College. He has experience as a Director, Dramaturg, Actor, Playwright, and
Designer. He has directed Thornton Wilder's "Pullman Car Hiawatha," a new
one-act version of Strindberg's THE FATHER, and readings of plays by
Euripides, Brecht, and Camus. Last summer, he served as assistant director
for the Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre's production of IVANOV.
Representative acting roles include: title role of HAMLET; Trigorin, THE
SEAGULL; Jerry, AT HOME AT THE ZOO (The Theatre at Marietta College);
Billy, THE GOAT; Jack, THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST (Weathervane
Playhouse); Ronnie, HOUSE OF BLUE LEAVES (Stow Players).