[NEohioPAL] HOW TO AUDITION FOR COMMERCIALS WORKSHOP

Abe Ronen mronen2000 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 11 14:31:05 PDT 2013

Local Cleveland casting director
Marcy Ronen (Commercial casting director on
NIKE, McDONALD’S, WALMART, GIANT EAGLE, GENERAL MOTORS, FIRST MERIT BANK and
many more) is holding a workshop on AUDITIONING FOR COMMERCIALS on Sunday,
August 4, 2013, in Cleveland, Ohio.

The workshop is limited to 12 participants.  Actors and aspiring actors (age 18 and
up) with any level of experience are invited
to attend.

We will cover the process of
auditioning for commercials including headshots and resumes, sign in
procedures, size cards and contact information sheets, what to wear to an
audition, unions, agents, slating and audition techniques. We will discuss
callbacks, booking the job, wardrobe fittings, contracts and set etiquette.

We will videotape (and offer DVD's) of each
participant in various commercial audition scenarios and provide feedback on
cold reading, prepared copy and improvised auditions.

Workshop hours are 10AM TO 4PM with an hour lunch
break.  (Sometimes we go until 5PM,
depending on what we’re working on.) The cost of each workshop is $100.00 per
person. DVD’s of your commercial auditions are available for $15.00 each.

Here are some comments from earlier workshopparticipants:

Marcy,
I want to thank you for the excellent class today
on
How to Audition for Television Commercials. It was
helpful from the first minute all the way through. I appreciate your attention
to detail and your gentle encouragement to get more out of the actors. You
provided very helpful information about the mechanics of auditioning, but also
brought me to a new comfort level with the whole process. I feel inspired to
pursue a relationship with an agent and begin auditioning for commercial work.
Thank you for the time and effort you and your staff put into this class. I
intend to see you again before long! Ron Dauphin

and...

Dear Marcy,
I just want to thank you for your invaluable and constructive criticisms, at the audition workshop.
The expertise that you bring to the table
will help me, as
I continue to diligently work on my craft. I
understand how much of a challenge it is, to have success, even on a small
level in this industry. But, with professionals like yourself sharing your
knowledge and insight, it makes it a little less intimidating. Hopefully you
will continue to have sessions like these throughout the year, as it will help
us "aspiring actors/ actresses" to become better equipped to make it.
Thank you again for your time and service, Sincerely, Evelyn Stewart

Contact Marcy Ronen at marcyronen at gmail.com if you
are interested to reserve a spot. Looking forward to seeing you there!