[NEohioPAL] PNR Improv Saturday July 20

PNR Improv pnrsusan at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 20:59:34 PDT 2013

PNR IMPROV PRESENTS FIGHT LIKE A GIRL

Time
July 20 7:30pm - 9:30pm

Location
Point of No Return Improv
1201 Grant Ave.
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

More Info
Improvisers like to think of themselves as innovative and courageous. We ask you for a suggestion and then attempt to create an entertaining scene off the top of our heads. But we have to admit, we’ve got nothing on Sirimavo Bandaranaike. Before there was Angela Merkel, Margaret Thatcher, or Benazir Bhutto, there was Sirimavo Bandaranaike. On July 20, 1960, the Sri Lanka Freedom Party won Ceylon’s Parliamentary General Election, making its leader “Mrs. B” Prime Minister and the first democratically elected female head of state. Her party was defeated in 1965, but she became PM again five years later. In 1980, she was ousted from Parliament and banned from holding public office for 17 years, but she made yet another comeback in 1994 and held the office of Prime Minister for six more years. She died on Election Day in 2000 only after having cast her vote one last time.

What does this have to do with improv comedy? Perhaps not much. We do pride ourselves on our ability to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and try again after people have turned against us. We're hoping you stick with us this time around, but you can come see what happens on Saturday.

All proceeds from this performance will be donated to the family of Skylar Paige, a seven-year-old girl who is battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

Finally, this will be cast member Robyn’s last performance with PNR before she departs for greener pastures (literally … she’s moving to Ireland). We hope you’ll join us in giving her a proper send-off.

Now in its 12th year, Point of No Return Improv is an improv comedy group that performs two Saturdays per month at the Quirk Cultural Center, 1201 Grant Ave, Cuyahoga Falls. Shows start at 7:30 p.m. and are suitable for audiences ages 13 and up. Tickets are $5 at the door. For directions, performance schedule, and further info about the group, visit www.pnrimprov.org. For invitations to our shows, become a fan at www.facebook.com/pnrimprov. PNR operates with the support of the Cuyahoga Falls Parks and Recreation Department.