[NEohioPAL] OH WOULD YOU LIKE TO SWING ON A STAR?

Ian Atwood ian_atwood at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 12:35:14 PDT 2013

Be honest. You sang that when you read it, right? Well if you did, you are exactly who we are looking for.

Auditions are this Monday, July 22nd and Tuesday, July 23rd at 7:30pm for Huntington Playhouse's upcoming production of the the Johnny Burke review "Swinging on a Star". Production dates are weekends starting September 19 - October 13

The fabulous songs of Johnny Burke are here perfectly woven into various
 settings and scenes as if they always belonged there. We move from a
smoky 1920s Chicago Speakeasy, where we hear such songs as "Dr. Rhythm"
and "What's New" to the Bowery for the classic "Pennies from Heaven" and
 others. The ever popular "Your Hit Parade" takes us into the 1930s,
segueing into a World War II USO show for several songs including
"Personality" and culminating with the Academy Award winning "Swinging
on a Star." The journey continues to a glittering ballroom for the
immortal "Imagination" and then takes us into the world of Paramount's
Hope/Crosby/Lamour "Road Movies" and the songs they made famous. The
evening ends in the Starlight Supper club, high atop Manhattan, with a
celebration of Burke's genius.

We are looking for singers of all age, gender, race, size, and voice part. No appointment necessary.

Please bring a selection that shows you off the best (Great American songbook would be great!) in its original key. Piano player provided. No
a cappella singing, please.

Huntington Playhouse is located at:
28601 Lake Road
Bay Village, OH 44140

For information please call either the Box Office at (440) 871-8333 or my cell at (216) 269-9420.