[NEohioPAL] Volunteer Oportunities with Boys Hope Girls Hope!

Rebecca Frick rebeccamfrick at aol.com
Mon Jul 22 08:58:25 PDT 2013

Hello Cleveland Artists,

My name is Rebecca Frick and I work for Boys Hope Girls hope which is a nonprofit located in Garfield Heights. I am reaching out to the arts community because we are in need of some great volunteers at our organization to serve as tutors, mentors and host families. Below are descriptions of our programs and how you can serve with us! Please contact me at rfrick at bhgh.org for more information and to apply. Learn more about us at http://bhghneo.com/.

Boys Hope Girls Hope  helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.

Become a tutor:
    -Work one-on-one with one of our scholars on homework help for 1 to 2 hours per week, days and times are flexible. We ask that you commit to at least one semester with us as a tutor. *Especially needed this year are AP Physics, Spanish and Chinese help as well as general 8th-12th grade school work tutors. Any educational backgrounds are welcome!

Become a Mentor:
    -Be a role model for one of our scholars and spend one Saturday or Sunday with them a month. We ask for a one year commitment with this program.

Become a Host Family:
    -We are seeking loving individulas who are willing to host one of our scholars one weekend per month in their home. It is in the best interest of some of our students to not return to their family homes so we seek families or individuals in the greater Cleveland or Akron area that will provide a home and family atmosphere to this student one weekend per month. This is an extremely rewarding commitment not to be taken lightly.

Thank you for spreading the word and helping Cleveland youth meet their fullest potential.

Rebecca Frick
Community Resource Coordinator
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Northeastern Ohio
216-441-3980 ext. 125
rfrick at bhgh.org

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” - Gandhi