[NEohioPAL] Poetry Slam Team Fundraiser Aug. 1 at Dobama

Christine Howey rchowey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:36:32 PDT 2013

You're Invited!!
Slam Poetry Showcase/Fundraiser

for the 2013 Northeast Ohio Poetry Slam Team!

Thursday, August 1, 2013, 7 PM at Dobama Theatre
CLEVELAND IS GOING TO THE NATIONAL POETRY SLAM!

WHAT IS THE NATIONAL POETRY SLAM?

It’s Poetry!

It’s Performance!

It’s Competitive!

It’s like a steel cage death match for people who tap poems on their
laptops and then read them out loud!

One team will be declared champion!

And YOU can help us WIN!!!

The 2013 Northeast Ohio Poetry Slam Team is going to compete against
more than 70 four-person teams from around the country in Boston at
the National Poetry Slam Competition from August 13-17, 2013.

Even though we're driving there, it's still a costly trip. So we're
throwing a Slam Poetry Showcase/Fundraiser on Thursday, August 1 at
Dobama Theatre. It will feature...

Awesome Poetry Performances

by the four 2013Northeast Ohio Slam Poetry Team members:

AKeemjamal Rollins

Christine Howey

Caira Lee

Arianna Cheree

There will also be:

v Raffles for gift cards, gift baskets and more amazing stuff.

v Refreshments donated by local restaurants.

v Plus surprises!

Have fun...meet old friends...make new friends…be entertained...enjoy
food & beverages...win prizes...and donate!

Make sure Cleveland and northeast Ohio is represented at the National
Poetry Slam Competition in 2013!!

WHEN AND WHERE:

Thursday, August 1, 2013

7 PM

Dobama Theatre

2340 Lee Road

Cleveland Heights

Only a suggested admission fee of $5! But we encourage you to buy lots
of raffle tickets and donate what you can afford. No donation too
small (or too big!!).

For more information, email: slam @lake effectpoetry.com

See You There!