[NEohioPAL] Over 50% raised but just 10 days to go... won't you help?

Drew Rothman arothman at arothman.com
Tue Jul 23 15:48:26 PDT 2013

	/*Only 10 days left to support my Indiegogo Fundraiser!*/

Hi NeOhio-PAL subscribers!

*/Cannibal: The Musical! /*was a 1993 musical comedy which *Trey Parker
(**/The Book of Mormon/**, **/South Park/**, **/Baseketball/**, **/Team
America/**, etc.)* made in film school, immediately prior to his rocket
to stardom as co-creator of /South Park/. It's a spoof of classic
'western movie musicals' (/Oklahoma!/, /The Music Man/) loosely based on
the true story of a mining party that died in a Colorado winter during
the Gold Rush. The film is full of the sophomoric humor, broad
characters, and satirical silliness that have made Trey Parker, along
with his partner Matt Stone, famous.

I will be directing a stage adaptation of the film script at Chagrin
Valley Little Theatre's River Street Playhouse October 18 - November 2
of this year (auditions if you're interested, will be 8/8 and 8/9 - see
www.CVLT.org/auditions <http://www.CVLT.org/auditions>).

*I have raised over $2,600 towards my $5000 goal *to make improvements
to the very rudimentary sound and lighting gear currently in the River
Street Playhouse space. Ideally, I'd like to get a decent quality small
PA system and make repairs to lighting instruments and so forth. I'm
calling it the "Shpadoinkle Campaign", after the opening number from
/Cannibal!/ , "It's A Shpadoinkle Day".

If you're a fan of Trey Parker's work, or even if you just want to
support the theater and my show, please see the campaign video and
details at this URL:

  *http://igg.me/at/cannibal <http://igg.me/at/cannibal/x/794753>*

Of course there are perks for your tax-deductible donation, from name
recognition and personal promotion, up to t-shirts and posters, DVDs and
shirts from the original film, and even an exclusive cast recording with
karaoke tracks of some of the songs!

At the very least, I ask that you Facebook, tweet, or blog about the
campaign if you're able to. I'd love to have NeOhio-PAL subscribers be a
part of the success!

Thank you for your support,
Andrew Rothman

* Note: This campaign is an independent fundraiser launched and managed
by Andrew Rothman to benefit CVLT's River Street Playhouse. It is
sanctioned by but not operated or directed by CVLT.