[NEohioPAL] Stark County Home School Bands accepting new students

Brad, Julie, Katie & Abby theconnairs at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 10:47:02 PDT 2013

The Stark County Home School Bands, under the direction of Brad Connair, is accepting new students for the 2013-2014 school year.

The mission of the Bands is to provide home-schooled students with the opportunity to learn and develop musical skills and practices in a positive environment with other students who share a common interest.

There are 3 levels of instruction:

Beginning Band: This is our entry level ensemble. This ensemble is for students who have little or no musical background and are looking to learn to play a brass, woodwind, or percussion instrument.

Intermediate (Cadet) Band: This ensemble places emphasis on the continued development and reinforcement of basic musical skills. We will build upon the accomplishments achieved in the Beginning Band and work to increase facility and knowledge of our instruments. Students who participate in this ensemble must have successfully completed our Beginning Band program or have demonstrated the ability to perform at expected levels by audition.

Advanced (Concert) Band: This ensemble focuses on the development of higher level skills and musical expression through the performance of a wide range of modern and classic band literature. Students who participate in this ensemble must have successfully completed our Intermediate Band Program (usually two years) or have demonstrated the ability to perform at expected levels by audition.

The Bands rehearse at the Johnson Center for Worship and Fine Arts on the Campus of Malone University located in Canton, OH 44709.

For more information please contact Brad Connair at theconnairs at yahoo.com, or you can also visit the Band's Facebook Page (Stark County Home School Band) at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stark-County-Home-School-Band/151370308292708?ref=hl