[NEohioPAL] AUDITION REMINDER: 8/18 & 8/19 - Trey Parker's "Cannibal! The Musical"

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Fri Aug 9 14:22:23 PDT 2013

  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - Auditions

    For more details, visit www.CVLT.org <http://www.cvlt.org/> or call
    440-247-8955 (Mon-Sat, 1-6 PM)

      /CANNIBAL! THE MUSICAL/

      a musical comedy by Trey Parker

Directed by Andrew Rothman

An original stage adaptation of the 1993 indie cult film by the same
name, written and composed by Trey Parker/(South Park, The Book of
Mormon)/. CANNIBAL! is based on the true story of Alferd Packer and his
band of gold miners who got lost in the Colorado wilderness during the
winter of 1873. Alferd, the only one who returned alive, was put on
trial for eating his companions. CANNIBAL! is a satirical take on
old-west musicals like "Oklahoma!" and is packed with juvenile humor.

*Audition Dates:
*Sunday, August 18 @ 2:30 PM
Monday, August 19 @ 7:00 PM

Auditions and performances will be held at CVLT's River Street Playhouse
56 River St. Chagrin Falls <http://goo.gl/maps/C23SB> - the white
building at the end of River Street, west of the main CVLT building.

*Show Dates: *
October 18 - November 2, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM
(Possible additional performances TBA)

Rehearsals will be held evenings Sunday - Thursday beginning September
9. We will not require all actors at all rehearsals - the majority of
the show involves the main characters only. The production will use
pre-recorded music and vocals will be learned by ear unless otherwise
requested.

*Audition Details: *

As this will be a stage adaptation of the film script, seeing the film
may be helpful to potential auditionees. The movie is available to watch
in its entirety on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iqtP0fR07M>, NetFlix
<http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Cannibal_The_Musical/14606642> and
Hulu <http://www.hulu.com/watch/130445>. More information is available
at http://www.cannibalthemusical.net <http://www.cannibalthemusical.net/>.

/Cannibal/ is a musical comedy with the emphasis on the comedy, and most
roles (Alferd and Polly excepted) require no more than average vocal
ability. If you can be committed, funny, and are able to carry a tune in
a bucket, you'll be considered.

Prepare 16 bars of your favorite showtune to sing. Please bring your own
sheet music in the correct key for you. A pianist will be on hand. We
will also be reading from the script and possibly singing a selection or
two from /Cannibal!/ itself. These will be open auditions and no roles
have been pre-cast. Age ranges for most roles are flexible 18+.
Headshots and acting resumes are welcome, but not required. No
appointments necessary.

Questions? Email cvlt at cvlt.org
<mailto:cvlt at cvlt.org?subject=Cannibal%21%20The%20Musical>

*Roles: *

  * *FEATURED ENSEMBLE:* The film had several dozen actors and extras.
    We are aiming for a cast of 14 to 20 people. The 20+ speaking roles
    in the script which are not listed below will be played by members
    of this troupe. The ensemble will sing on some numbers ("Hang The
    Bastard") and will help to set scenes by moving, or in some cases
    portraying, animals and inanimate objects. "There are no small
    parts. Only small actors." ~ Milan Kundera
  * *THE MINERS: *
      o *Alferd Packer* - The leading man. Sweet and naive to the point
        of stupidity. Alferd sings two solos ("It's a Shpadoinkle Day!",
        "When I Was On Top Of You"). Tenor.
      o *Shannon Bell* - A clean-cut and sensible preacher. Featured
        vocal in "That's All I'm Askin' For".
      o *George Noon* - A sheltered, horny kid. Featured vocal in
        "That's All I'm Askin' For".
      o *James Humphrey* - An idiot in a silly hat. Featured vocal in
        "That's All I'm Askin' For".
      o *Frank Miller* - A strong and standoffish butcher. Featured
        vocal in "That's All I'm Askin' For".
      o *Israel Swan* - The irrepressibly optimistic one. Featured vocal
        in "That's All I'm Askin' For", plus a comedic solo number
        ("Let's Build A Snowman").
  * *THE TRAPPERS: *
      o *Frenchy Cabazon* - The brash, bullying villain. Solo song ("I'm
        A Trappin' Man"). Baritone.
      o *O.D. Loutzenheiser* and*Preston Nutter* - Frenchy's gang.
        Wannabe bad guys and general jerks. They sing backup (poorly) on
        Frenchy's number.
  * *THE LOVE INTERESTS:*
      o *Polly Pry* - The leading lady. A go-getter journalist with a
        secret soft heart. Sings a solo ballad ("This Side Of Me").
        Soprano.
      o *Liane* - Alferd's horse and best friend. A non-speaking role
        with some dancing. Female.
  * *THE INDIANS:*
      o *Indian Chief* - In the film, the Indian Chief (a larger
        speaking role, no singing) and his tribe are played by Japanese
        people, speaking in Japanese (a jab at old cowboy movies which
        seemed to cast anyone but Indians as the Indians). For the stage
        version, we will be maintaining this general concept - any type
        or ethnicity that is clearly neither Caucasian nor Native
        American will serve for the purpose of the joke. How the Indians
        are portrayed will depend on who we see at auditions.

*http://www.CVLT.org/auditions* <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions>

FACEBOOK.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
TWITTER.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and is supported by the Ohio
Arts Council.

  CVLT.org - 440.247.8955