[NEohioPAL] CANTON PALACE THEATRE LAUNCHES INDIEGOGO.COM CAMPAIGN TO CONVERT THEATRE TO DIGITAL CINEMA PROJECTION

Laura Clift laura at cantonpalacetheatre.org
Tue Aug 20 06:18:08 PDT 2013

NEWS RELEASE

Contact:

Georgia Paxos, Executive Director

330 454 8172 x 305

georgia at cantonpalacetheatre.org
<file:///C:\Users\director\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary%20I
nternet%20Files\Content.Outlook\MURJ9AW2\georgia at cantonpalacetheatre.org

PALACE THEATRE LAUNCHES INDIEGOGO.COM CAMPAIGN TO CONVERT THEATRE TO
DIGITAL CINEMA PROJECTION

$80,000 needed to ensure films at downtown historic Theatre

Canton, OH, August 14, 2013. The movie industry has mandated digital
conversion to all theaters by December 31, 2013.  As such, the Canton
Palace Theatre must covert from its current 35mm projection to digital
cinema projection in order to continue to show films in its unparalleled
atmosphere.  The Canton Palace Theatre currently features cutting edge
independent, foreign and documentary films on Thursday evenings and
popular, newer-release films on the weekends, in addition to its
numerous family friendly film offerings throughout the year, such as the
free First Friday Family Movies and the $1 Summer Kids Movies. Donations
for the digital conversion are being accepted via
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/digital-cinema-conversion/x/4300153
until September 30, 2013.

The cost of this complete digital conversion is $80,000.  This includes
the purchase of the server needed to receive the film file, the
projector to show the films from our projection booth, retrofitting the
existing projection booth for the removal of the old equipment and the
installation of the new equipment.

"We chose to raise funds for this project via crowdfunding to help
expand our reach to film and historic theatre aficionados all across the
country," explained Georgia Paxos, executive director of the Canton
Palace Theatre Association.  "We have the chance to enhance our film
offerings in crisp digital cinema, in downtown Canton, in our historic
theatre," added Cathy Wyatt, president of the Canton Palace Theatre
Association Board of Directors.

About the Canton Palace Theatre

Completed in 1926, the Canton Palace Theatre is a downtown architectural
jewel registered on the National Historic Registry. A prized community
venue for classic, contemporary and art films, The Palace annually hosts
more than 300 special events, concerts, recitals and Broadway-style
productions. For more information, please visit
http://www.cantonpalacetheatre.org <http://www.cantonpalacetheatre.org>
.

The Palace is located at 605 Market Avenue North in Canton, Ohio.
Business and box office hours are Monday through Friday 10:00a.m. to
4:00 p.m. Business offices can be reached at (330) 454-8172 and a
24-Hour Recorded Event Information line is (330) 454-8171.

###

Laura Strader | Box Office Manager/ Administrative Assistant | Canton
Palace Theatre, 605 Market Avenue North, Canton, Ohio 44702 | Phone:
(330)454-8172 x302| Fax: (330)994-0530 | www.cantonpalacetheatre.org
<http://www.cantonpalacetheatre.org/>  | **Business Hours:  Monday
through Friday from 10AM-4PM**

  <http://www.facebook.com/cantonpalacetheatre>