[NEohioPAL] Trail Magic Encore Performance -- September 7

Bette Lou Higgins blhiggins at edenvalleyenterprises.org
Fri Aug 30 13:09:12 PDT 2013

Our Trail Magic Festival last weekend in honor of Ohio Hiking Legend, Emma Gatewood, was a great success! If you missed the Festival, you'll get a chance to see the new play "Trail Magic" when we present an Encore presentation at TrueNorth on Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.  All tickets are $10.00.  You can order by caling TrueNorth at (440) 949-5200 ext. 221 or on-line at: http://www.metroparks.cc/truenorth-cultural-arts.php

Written by Kelly Boyer Sagert, directed by Rick Fortney, the play starred Anne McEvoy as Emma Gatewood and Kathie Dice as storyteller Emily Watson.  The two performances played to virtually sold out houses and our audience surveys provided us with many comments most echoing this sentiment:

"This was an emotionally moving presentation. I had no idea of Emma's background. The production was carefully sensitive and yet inspiring. I lived through the same years - she accomplished so much more. It is an experience I will long remember."

The Buckeye Trail Association and the Lorain County Piecemakers had displays in the lobby for the whole weekend giving the Family Hikers (on Friday) and the Senior Hikers (on Saturday) a glimpse into these two special parts of Emma's life.  EarthFare, Kiedrowski's Bakery, Cheryl McConnell and Sue Schillig provided jams, jellies and pastries for the Senior Hike and during the Saturday performances in honor of Emma's baking abilities.

On Thursday and Friday, Emma's poetry was in the spotlight with a workshop and reading led by Kelly Boyer Sagert and T.M. Gottl.

The festival closed on Sunday, August 25 with a hike on the Lorain County portion of the Buckeye Trail led by Buckeye Trail Association Member Byron Guy.

A big shout out to ALL the people who helped make this event a success -- especially to the Rick Fortney and the staff of TrueNorth! You can find pictures of the event at: http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/trailmagicpixpage.htm

Additional Information about the Grandma Gatewood Project
Our Next Step in the Grandma Gatewood project is the creation of the PBS Documentary.
We continue to work toward the completion of a PBS Documentary with FilmAffects and WGTE on this project.

We are now raising money to complete the film.  We have received a $15,000 challenge grant from the Ohio History Fund and must now raise a minimum of $10,000 to meet their requirements.  We invite you to join us and help us make this movie with a tax-deductible donation – http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/donate.htm

You can bring Grandma Gatewood to your school or organization!
If you would like to have the story of Grandma Gatewood brought to you, simply reply to this e-mail with your request for information.

You can also purchase our e-book about Emma and the DVD of our storytelling program at http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/booksoh.html#grandma

To unsubscribe to this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with your request.

Bette Lou Higgins
Artistic Director
Eden Valley Enterprises
www.edenvalleyenterprises.org