[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Holding Auditions for Peter Pan - September 16 and 17

Pamela Fine olydia78 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:41:14 PDT 2013

Heights Youth Theatre Announces Auditions for

*PETER PAN*

directed & choreographed by Nathan Motta & music directed by Joanna Li

*Auditions open to anyone in grades 1-12**:*

*Monday, September 16* – open call beginning at 5:00 pm, must be there by 8
pm to be seen

*Tuesday, September 17** *– open call beginning at 5:00 pm, must be there
by 8 pm to be seen

*Please note:  If you are not available to audition on either of these
dates please e-mail heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com*

*Callbacks** – *by invitation only on Thursday, September 19

*Location for auditions and callbacks:* Wiley Middle School Auditorium,
2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights, Ohio 44118

*Casting Information:*  All roles are available. HYT is committed to
non-traditional casting.  Actors will be cast solely on the basis of
talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to
a role.

*
WHAT TO PREPARE:*

*Grades 6-12*

1. One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length
(ie- one verse and one chorus).

2. Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.

3. Come prepared to move.

 *Grades 1-5*

1. Please learn the following lyrics from *I Won’t Grow Up* (we will help
you practice a little before you sing alone)

* If growing up means*

*It would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree,*

*I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up*

*Not me!*

*Not I,*

*Not me!*

*Not me!*

2. Come prepared to move.

 *Everyone please bring headshot or photo (resume optional) and fill out
audition form, found on the website, prior to coming to audition -
www.heightsyouththeatre.org*

*Rehearsals begin: * Monday, October 21st.  Rehearsals will be Mon, Tues,
Thurs, and Fri, 4:30-8:30 PM. You will not be called every day, only when
you are needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals as well as
all performances is mandatory.

 *Production Dates***:*

Friday, December 6, 13 & 20, 7 PM
Saturday, December 7, 14, & 21, 2 PM
Sunday, December 8 & 15, 2 PM

*dates subject to change

*All performances at:  *Wiley Middle School Auditorium 2181 Miramar Blvd.,
  University Heights 44118

*About the show:*

Meet *PETER PAN* again for the first time. The attic of old Victorian house
is transformed into Neverland by a little boy, his imagination, and the
timeless story of the boy who never grew up. Come fly with Peter, Wendy,
Tinkerbell, and John as they go on adventures with Lost Boys, Indians, and
Pirates in a PAN like you've never seen before. A PETER PAN for a new
generation, don't miss this new production featuring familiar songs such as
"Tender Shepherd", "I've Gotta Crow", "I Won't Grow Up", "I'm Flying", and
"Never Never Land". This show is bound to be great holiday entertainment
for the entire family!

* *

*Heights Youth Theatre is generously funded by the residents of Cuyahoga
County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture* *and the Ohio Arts Council*