[NEohioPAL] Looking for Lecturers/Presenters - Paid

Noah Budin nbudin at menorahpark.org
Mon Sep 16 09:58:27 PDT 2013

Stone Gardens Assisted Living Residence on the Campus of Menorah park Center for Senior Living is looking for people to present lectures/programs on just about any variety of topics. We have one hour slots available on all Saturday afternoons from 2:30 - 3:30. Ideally, we would like to have have one person do a series for a whole month, four or five Saturdays, but we can be flexible. The series can be an ongoing topic or theme, or four or five unrelated topics.

We pay $75 per session.

This is a perfect job for teachers looking to pick up a little extra cash on the weekends. Also, actors and performers often make good presenters as well.

Topics can be just about anything you think might appeal to a senior adult crowd. Be creative. They love literary discussions, history, art, current events, health, and anything relating to Judaism or Israel...if you can make it interesting, they will like it. I had one presenter who presented topics like: "Personality Traits: Introverts and Extroverts," "Good Ideas: The History of Human Innovation," "Our Dreams Explored: What Are They and What Do They Mean?," and "The History of Rock Climbing." We've also had discussions on Shakespeare, Shel Silverstien's "The Giving Tree," "The History of Math," and "The Life and Scripts of George Burns and Gracie Allen." You get the idea.

The room you will be presenting in is a smaller room with no sound system or electronics, so you will need to project (many are hard of hearing) and need to present without electronic visual or audio aids. You can bring handouts. (Or you can send me the handouts and I can print them and have them waiting for you here.)

The interview and hiring process is as follows: You send me an email stating your interest, preferably with a resume attached, and a short blurb about you, your experience, and any ideas you might have about topic presentation. (I promise, I won't steal your ideas. I don't want them. I want YOU to do them.) Then, after we review your materials, we may call you and speak on the phone. If we think there may be a good match here, we'll call you in for an interview. Then, we may set up an "audition" - a day where you come in and give a short presentation to our senior adult crowd so we can observe you. We do not pay you for the "audition" - it is part of the interview process. If we think you may be a good fit with our facility, we will hire you. You have the potential to make $300 - $375 for a month. As long as you can keep thinking of topics, we may use you for several months throughout the year.

We may also have spots for musical programs on Saturday nights, 7:30 - 8:30, and Sunday afternoons, 2:30 - 3:30. Same pay.

Please email me at nbudin at menorahpark.org<mailto:nbudin at menorahpark.org>. Thanks.

Noah Budin
Assistant Director of Activities
Stone Gardens Assisted Living
A Residence of the Menorah Park Center For Senior Living
216-593-0484 (direct dial)
216-292-0070 ex. 323
http://www.stonegardens.org/
See our blog at: