[NEohioPAL] PAID POSITION – MUSICAL DIRECTOR – BECK CENTER YOUTH THEATER

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Tue Sep 17 10:50:56 PDT 2013

Beck Center for the Arts Youth Theater program is seeking resumes for the position of Musical Director for our May 2014 production of THE WIZARD OF OZ.

This is a paid position (flat fee).

The production is directed and choreographed by Sarah Clare and will perform on the Mackey Main Stage at Beck Center for the Arts from May 9-18, 2014. Age range of student actors will encompass from 6 – 19.

It is desired that the Musical Director will accompany most rehearsals and all performances as well as teaching the music to the cast.  Musical Director will also be responsible for assembling available orchestra.

Please email cover letter and resume to jkronenberger at beckcenter.org<mailto:jkronenberger at beckcenter.org>.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION:

Auditions:

  *   Saturday, February 8, 2014 from 2:30pm  - 6:30pm
  *   Sunday, February 9, 2014 from 1pm - 5pm.

Callbacks:

  *   Monday: February 10, 2014 between 5:30pm - 8:30pm.

Potential Framework for Rehearsal Schedule
Note: not all days are used but these are the wide swath of times we check out to see what is available. Then we discern what works for the majority of schedules and choose best days/times from there):

Potential Rehearsal Times: March 3 (at earliest)  – May 3, 2014

  *   Weeknights: between 5:00pm – 8:30pm
  *   Saturdays: between 2:30pm – 6:30pm
  *   Sundays: between 1:00pm – 5:00pm
(As we run into all the varying spring breaks and Easter holidays throughout the time period for this rehearsal process, we tend to start earlier so we can accommodate some lack of availability or needed time off.  However, with the Music Director position, we are open to options that do not require the MD be at every rehearsal.  If you have capabilities to make rehearsal tracks, that is a bonus.  Again, the above times are currently wide ranges to discern best availability.)

Tech Week:  May 4 – 8, 2014

  *   Sunday from 1:00pm – 9:00pm and Weekdays 5:00pm - 9:00pm

Performance dates:  May 9 - 18, 2014

  *   Fridays, May 9 & 16 at 7:30pm
  *   Saturdays, May 10 & 17 at 3:00pm
  *   Sundays, May 11 & 18 at 3:00pm
  *   Student Matinee: May 15 at 10:00am (will require missing school/work)

* * * * *

Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring regional artists.