[NEohioPAL] "The Exurbs" Independent short film -- AUDITIONS EXTENDED

Justin Linton justinjlinton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 09:55:42 PDT 2013

CALLING ALL ACTORS

This is an open casting call for "The Exurbs," a short film being produced
in the Cleveland, Ohio area.  Auditions for the following parts have been
extended until FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th at 11:59pm. We will be in production
on October 4th through the 8th. All roles will be paid. Below are some
brief character descriptions and a summary of the film.

Synopsis:

The film involves the stories of several individuals, who live in or around
a small city, soon to be enveloped by a wildfire. The characters have
varying degrees of concern about the oncoming catastrophe, and spend most
of the film contemplating (or ignoring) their fates.

List of characters:

THE FATHER -- A fireman, lean and muscular, in his thirties. Short hair. He
is an individual wrought with a guilt over his inability to relate to his
daughter, a quiet 7 year old. We get the feeling that he was once a
confident young man, who has been too soon worn down by regret.

THE MOTHER -- Twenties, thirties. She has the poise of a woman who has
survived the trauma of relationships with domineering men. Having found THE
FATHER, she seems more contented, but we also sense in her a disappointment
in his apparent lack of empathy for her child, which she mistook at first
for shyness.

BARFLY -- Thirties, fourties. He is alone most nights in an apartment that
smells like weeks-old laundry and ammonia. Some women don't mind the smell,
but most just choose to ignore him. He is charming enough. Handsome enough.
But also desperate for affection and terrible with words.

If you'd like a copy of the sides for a particular role, send an email to
justinjlinton at gmail.com.

Callbacks will be announced when casting ends. Thanks, and we look forward
to your submissions.