[NEohioPAL] Talespinner Children's Theatre presents HARLEQUINADE 2013, a benefit for TCT

Talespinner Children's Theatre talespinnerchildrenstheatre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 03:46:16 PDT 2013

*Talespinner Children's Theatre presents Harlequinade 2013
Benefit Event and Concert to Support the Theatre*

*On Saturday, October 12th, 2013 at 6:30pm, and Sunday, October 13th at 2pm*,
Talespinner Children's Theatre (TCT) presents *Harlequinade 2013 *at TCT's
home at the Reinberger Auditorium, 5209 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, to
benefit TCT's productions and educational programming.

>From TCT Executive Artistic Director, Alison Garrigan: "TCT's Harlequinade
is an exciting party and concert event that is vitally important in
supporting our mission to bring arts to children and families in the
Cleveland area.  Let your hair down, create memories, get your laugh on,
and show your heartfelt and generous support of children's theatre and arts
education in Cleveland."

*On Saturday the 12th, *Harlequinade 2013 guests will enjoy complimentary
wine and beer and heavy hors d'oeuvres, followed by a special 45-minute
concert performance. Prepare to rock out at the Ohio and Regional Premiere
of *AESOP'S FABLES, a ROCK MUSICAL** *by Broadway Actor Michael Milligan,
with songs by Joziah Longo. In this exciting adaptation we follow the story
of the boy who cried wolf, the tortoise and the hare and many more of
Aesop's fabled characters...as well as Aesop himself. Lions and foxes and
Aesop - Oh my!   The evening will include a Silent Auction of exciting items
from local artists, retail stores and arts and cultural institutions in the
Cleveland area.

The 2013 Harlequinade Award for dedication in bringing the arts to children
and the community will be presented on Saturday to John Stuehr, Founding
TCT Board Chairman. “It is John's guiding voice, keen intellect, and
enormous heart that have, in large measure, helped us grow and succeed in
fulfilling our mission and finding our place in the community," said
Garrigan.

*On Sunday, October 13th,* at 2pm, the fun continues, this time for kids
and families!  Sunday will include a concert performance of *AESOP'S
FABLES, a ROCK MUSICAL*, followed by an ice cream social (with ice cream
provided by *Sweet Moses*!) that includes face painting, puppet making, and
music!  Bring the whole family to Sunday's event--what better way to create
a wonderful family memory, have an amazing day, and support the arts for
kids!

Tickets for Saturday's event are $75 per person or $125 per couple. Tickets
for Sunday's performance are $10 for kids, $12 for Seniors/Students, and
$15 for Adults--a single additional donation of $10 gets the whole family
into the ice cream social following the show.  Tickets are available online
at www.talespinnerchildrenstheatre.org, or via phone at 216.264.9680.

*ABOUT TALESPINNER CHIILDREN'S THEATRE:  *TCT is a Cleveland-based company
that develops and produces highly imaginative, original, collaborative and
interactive professional works for children that also stimulate creative
growth in its artists. At any time, these pieces may involve acting, dance,
music, puppetry, tumbling, drumming, and numerous other artistic
disciplines as imagined by the artistic teams working with and for TCT, and
are open to all creative possibility. TCT's aim is to bring theatre to the
community in its fullest form providing excitement, growth and joy for all
who are involved in and/or touched by its work.
TCT strives to reach across socio-economic, cultural and traditional
boundaries to help awaken and bring better understanding by opening eyes,
ears, hearts and imaginations in the young people (and artists) of
Cleveland and its surrounds. TCT creates work that remembers that children
are smaller people, not lesser people.
Alison Garrigan
Executive Artistic Director
*Tales**pinner Children's Theatre*
*Opening Eyes, Ears, Hearts, and Imaginations*
*
*
*October 12th & 13th:
*
*TCT's Harlequinade
*
A benefit to support TCT and the arts for kids!
For more information, visit our website*
*
*talespinnerchildrenstheatre.org**

Up next on the TCT stage:*
*Adventures in Slumberland* -- November 30th - December 22nd

*Come out and play!*
**
Reinberger Auditorium
5209 Detroit Ave.