[NEohioPAL] Open Mic Shakespeare - TITUS ANDRONICUS - Monday, Oct 7 7pm

Cleveland Shakespeare Festival cleveshakes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 23:51:51 PDT 2013

If you've never attended an Open Mic Shakespeare reading, what might you
expect to see?

A social group of fun, friendly folks who like to relax with a beer or
glass of wine while reading through some of the greatest dramatic works in
the English language.  Everyone is welcome, regardless of acting experience
or academic background.  Our sole aim is to enjoy exploring the language
out loud, as it was meant to be experienced.

At 7pm on Monday, October 7, we're meeting at the Negative Space Gallery
and Cafe, a fantastically funky spot in the AsiaTown plaza at 38th and
Superior.  Park in lots B or C off of E 38th street, and come up to the
second floor of the building via the stairs or elevator.

Despite some critics' disparagement, *Titus Andronicus* was one of
Shakespeare's most popular plays during his lifetime.

A Roman General returns from a brutal ten year war to bury the sons he has
lost in conflict. To honour their deaths he executes the eldest child of
his enemies' Queen.

The end of the war and this final act of sacrifice is not the end of
bloodshed. A chain of murder and retribution engulfs Rome as Titus
struggles to escape the horror of violent deeds done in a violent world.

We will have a limited number of copies available, so if you have a copy of
your own, please bring it.

You can also receive more information on Open Mic Shakespeare by visiting
www.cleveshakes.orghttp://www.cleveshakes.org or following us on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/CleveShakes>
.

Brian Pedaci