[NEohioPAL] Character Actor needed @ Beck Center. Paid position.

Scott Spence grumio85 at aol.com
Mon Oct 7 11:21:05 PDT 2013

Even if you consider yourself a non Musical Theatre actor....read on!!!

Beck Center in Lakewood is seeking one final actor to complete our cast for our encore holiday
production of ANNIE.

The track is for a number different scenes, but it is primarily an acting track. The structure of this track
is such that an actor with little or no vocal and movement experience can thrive quite well! It would
be an excellent opportunity for an actor who is looking to explore more musical theatre possibilities,
or even an actor who generally stays away from musicals because they do not view themselves as
"enough of a singer or dancer".

The featured role in this track is FDR Cabinet member Harold Ickes.... a dour curmudgeon who has
little nice to say about anyone. He has a few quick vocal solo lines in the "Tomorrow" reprise. It's
a great role...and one that's quite well known.

We are seeking an actor between 45 and 65 who wants to join a terrific cast for the holiday season.

It will be an expidited 3 week rehearsal process (always a plus!!!) with performances beginning
Dec. 6th and closing Jan. 5th. The vast majority of performances are Fri/Sat/Sun with one Thursday
performance as well. The show is dark between Dec. 23rd and 26th.

This is a paid position.

All inquiries should be ideally made by replying to this post.

Scott Spence
Artistic Director
Beck Center for the Arts