[NEohioPAL] Open Mic Shakespeare - RICHARD III - TONIGHT! (Monday, Nov 4) 7pm

Cleveland Shakespeare Festival cleveshakes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 03:10:36 PST 2013

Come and take a part in OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE, an ongoing series of free,
open readings of Shakespeare plays sponsored by the Cleveland Shakespeare
Festival.

If you've never attended an Open Mic Shakespeare reading, what might you
expect to see?

A social group of fun, friendly folks who like to relax with a beer or
glass of wine while reading through some of the greatest dramatic works in
the English language.  Everyone is welcome, regardless of acting experience
or academic background.  Our sole aim is to enjoy exploring the language
out loud, as it was meant to be experienced.

At 7pm on Monday, November 4, we're meeting at the Negative Space Gallery
and Cafe, a fantastically funky spot in the AsiaTown plaza at 38th and
Superior.  Park in lots B or C off of E 38th street, and come up to the
second floor of the building via the stairs or elevator.

Featuring one of the most charismatic and intriguing villains in the canon,
Richard III is a perennial favorite of audiences around the world.
 Physically deformed and far down the ladder of succession to the throne,
Richard plots a bloody, Machiavellian course to the crown.

If you just attended Great Lakes' production last month, you may find it
interesting to compare the complete text of the play with their adaptation,
and take this opportunity to delve deeper into the language.

*As the full, uncut text of the play is quite long, we'll be tackling the
first half tonight, and will read the second half next month*.

We will have a limited number of copies available, so if you have a copy of
your own, please bring it.

You can also receive more information on Open Mic Shakespeare by visiting
www.cleveshakes.org or following us on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/CleveShakes>
.