[NEohioPAL] "A Christmas Carol, The Musical", "The Santaland Diaries", Open Auditions - November News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Mon Nov 4 07:02:14 PST 2013

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  November 2013 News & Events

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in November...*
      o *November 1:* TIM CONWAY autographs and talks about his new book
        /(Sold Out)/
      o *November 9/10: *YOUTH THEATER
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
        showcase
      o *November 15 - December 15:* A CHRISTMAS CAROL, The Musical
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/christmascarol.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
      o *November 22 - December 7:* THE SANTALAND DIARIES and SEASON'S
        GREETINGS
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/sedaris.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
  * *Open Auditions...*
      o *November 3 & 5:* PRIVATE LIVES - 2 men, 3 women needed for, see
        www.CVLT.org/auditions
        <http://cvlt.org/auditions?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>

  * *Coming in December...*
      o *Through December 15:* A CHRISTMAS CAROL, The Musical
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/christmascarol.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
      o *Through December 7:* THE SANTALAND DIARIES and SEASON'S
        GREETINGS
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/sedaris.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
      o *December 7 - 8:* Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea
      o *December 21 - 22:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert
      o *December 31:* BENDING BROADWAY: A New Year's Eve Revue

Please take our
brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *'Fall back' into our 84th Season of live entertainment at CVLT!*

The weather is turning chill, but the seats at CVLT have been very warm!
Our main stage season-opener, POSTMORTEM, was a crowd-pleaser, and the
entire 7-performance run of CANNIBAL! THE MUSICAL at our River Street
Playhouse was standing-room-only. Chagrin Falls' "Favorite Son", TIM
CONWAY, returned to our stage to sign copies of his new book, /What's So
Funny?/ before a sold-out house on November 1. The book signing was in
cooperation with the local Fireside Book Store and his Simon and
Schuster publisher.

Our holiday entertainment begins this month with two very different
Christmas productions - on our main stage, the musical adaptation of A
CHRISTMAS CAROL
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/christmascarol.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
from Alan Menken (the composer who brought you many of Disney's recent
hits), and on our River Street stage, David Sedaris' THE SANTALAND
DIARIES and SEASON'S GREETINGS
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/sedaris.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>,
two hilarious monologues for those with a taste for the more edgy and
quirky side of the holidays. We also have auditions
<http://cvlt.org/auditions?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>
for our first 2014 production, PRIVATE LIVES, this coming Sunday and Monday.

Keep up with CVLT and see tons of photos and more on our Facebook
<http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> page, and follow us on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */A Christmas Carol
    The Musical
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/christmascarol.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>/*

*Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Book by Mike Ockrent & Lynn Ahrens*

*November 15 - December 15, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM
Sundays 11/24, 12/1*** & 12/15 at 2 PM*

*Tickets: *$20 regular, $16 students and seniors

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/christmascarol.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/christmascarol.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by MICHAEL J. ROGAN
Musical Direction by JOHN KROL
Choreographed by JEN JUSTICE*

Adapted from the Dickens classic, this musical features music by
composer Alan Menken (Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast,
Little Shop of Horrors), lyrics by Broadway powerhouse Lynn Ahrens, and
book by Tony-nominated Mike Ockrent and Lynn Ahrens. This version has
been produced many times since its 1994 debut, including a 2004
television version starring Kelsey Grammer.

**** Tickets for the December 1st matinee* are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe, a 501(c)3 non-profit with the sole mission
of generating unrestricted funds for WomenSafe. Since 1980, WomenSafe
has served victims of domestic violence throughout NE Ohio by providing
crisis shelter, counseling, legal advocacy, relocation and therapy
services free of charge. Tickets for the 12/1 matinee only are being
sold exclusively through their organization. If you wish to attend this
performance, we encourage you to call (440) 285-3741 for tickets.

    */The Santaland Diaries
    & Season's Greetings
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/sedaris.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>/*

*by DAVID SEDARIS*

*November 22 - December 7, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$12 - General Admission
/(Production rated ''Adult'.
Not appropriate for children.)/

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/sedaris.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/sedaris.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by Yvonne E. Pilarczyk*

Audiences will love the wildly entertaining /The Santaland Diarie/s and
/Season's Greetings to our Friends and Family! /

*THE SANTALAND DIARIES*
Starring Nick Hahn

The story of an out of work actor who finds himself employed as the very
disgruntled Christmas elf, Crumpet, at Macy's in NYC. You won't want to
miss this behind the scenes tell-all!

*SEASON'S GREETINGS
TO OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
*Starring Lisa Tarr

A woman composes her annual holiday letter to friends and family. This
year, however, the family's apple cart has not only been upset, it has
been blasted to smithereens by the arrival of her husband's unknown
illegitimate daughter from... VIETNAM! A roller coaster ride of a
telling of the events leading up to the holiday season and one very
special invitation!

      *AUDITIONS for /PRIVATE LIVES/ by Noël Coward*

This 1930 comedy classic focuses on a divorced couple who, while
honeymooning with their new spouses, find themselves booked into
neighboring hotel rooms and realize they may still have feelings for
each other.

*Audition Dates:
*November 3 at 5 PM & November 5 at 7 PM
Possible callbacks on November 6

Auditions will be held in CVLT's 'Red Barn' annex at 38 River Street,
Chagrin Falls - directly adjacent to the main CVLT building. Auditioners
will be asked to read from the script. No appointments necessary.

Rehearsals begin on December 8th, 2013

*Show Dates: * January 17 - February 8, 2014
Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM

*Characters: *2 males 20-45, 3 women from 25-45

  * Elyot Chase, a handsome, stylish, thirty-ish man.
  * Amanda Prynne, Elyot's first wife, she is not only beautiful but
    also spirited, independent, and unconventional---a fit partner for
    Elyot.
  * Sibyl Chase, Elyot's attractive, twenty-three-year-old bride, she is
    conventional, unimaginative, and innocent.
  * Victor Prynne, a handsome man, stuffy and stodgy, he lacks a sense
    of humor.
  * Louise, Amanda's French maid.

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

CVLT Monthly Email