[NEohioPAL] "Pounding Nails..." Opens THIS FRIDAY at None Too Fragile

None Too Fragile production at nonetoofragile.com
Wed Nov 20 18:18:59 PST 2013

None Too Fragile Theater Announces Next Show: Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead, by Eric Bogosian

Akron, OH  – None Too Fragile theater is excited to announce their next play: Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead, by Eric Bogosian.

Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead synopsis: In Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead, playwright Eric Bogosian laments that, thanks to TV, "we float in a matrix of billions of image fragments, sound bites, plot-line, news reports and ad copy." Pounding Nails is an attempt to make sense of this flotsam. As in his previous one-man shows, Bogosian presents a series of unconnected monologues--some comic, some satiric, some poignant--delivered by various oddball denizens of his fertile, feral brain: spaced-out drug dealers, self-satisfied suburbanites, and fire-breathing talk radio hosts. This time, however, Bogosian seems more amused than disgusted by the decaying world around him, as if his anger has been tempered by a touch of hope--or is it resignation? The result is a work every bit as powerful and well written as Drinking in America or Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll but much less didactic and considerably more accepting of his various characters' foibles and flaws.

Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead features None Too Fragile Co-Founder Sean Derry and opens on Friday, November 22, 2013 and runs through Sunday, December 8, 2013. Full Schedule as follows:

·       11/22/13 - 8:00 pm
·       11/23/13 - 8:00 pm
·       11/24/13 - 2:00 pm
·       11/25/13 - 7:30 pm

·       Thanksgiving Weekend - NO SHOWS

·       12/5/13 - 7:30 pm
·       12/6/13 - 8:00 pm
·       12/7/13 - 8:00 pm
·       12/8/13 - 7:30 pm

·       Doors open 1/2 hour before show time

Tickets are on sale now via the theater’s website at www.nonetoofragile.com.