[NEohioPAL] Casting Two Teen Boys for Student Film

Dear Tyler deartylerfilm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 03:43:46 PST 2013

Hello!

My name is Delaney and I am currently a high school junior. A fellow high
school friend of mine and I are working on this film titled, "Dear Tyler"
with hopes to enter it in the All America High School Film Festival that
will take place in October of 2014 in New York City.

CHARACTER BREAKDOWNS:

MASON Male. Age 16-18. A very honest, very outgoing teenager. He is
intelligent and attractive, despite the fact that he definitely knows it.
Not afraid to say exactly what is on his mind.

TYLER Male. Age 16-18. Friendly, clever, but a generally average teenager.
Although he died in a car crash, an actor is needed to portray this
character for flashbacks and memories.

Film Summary:

The film follows the story the introverted, aspiring writer Lacy who is
dealing with many internal conflicts as the story progresses. Lacy meets
the outgoing, genuine Mason on three random occasions before finally
realizing that meeting him mate be fate after all. But Lacy is still
nervous after what happened with her last boyfriend, Tyler. Every night,
Lacy writes letters to Tyler, explaining her internal struggles and how
much she misses him. Finally, Lacy snaps and confesses her fears to Mason.
Tyler was killed in a crash accident and Lacy was the driver, causing her
to live with a cloud of guilt hovering over her night and day. She can't
let go of the past, hence the constant letters she still writes to Tyler.
Despite Mason's efforts to comfort her, Lacy shoves him away and is forced
to decide whether she can stay with Mason, or escape to try to forget this
past.

The role of Lacy has already been filled, but if any high school aged boys
are interested in the roles of Tyler or Mason, please submit a resume and
head shot to deartylerfilm at gmail.com. The deadline for film submissions is
in late April, so the sooner filming can start the better!

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested and feel free to email with
any questions!

Best wishes,
Delaney C
Director and Assistant Screenwriter