[NEohioPAL] CPT Announces Second Nord Playwright Residency

Emily Ritger eritger at cptonline.org
Thu Dec 12 11:53:42 PST 2013

Cleveland Public Theatre Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan is pleased to announce that we are accepting applicants for CPT's Second Nord Playwright Residency

Deadline: January 15, 2014

Click here for the Second Nord Playwright Fellowship Application<http://www.cptonline.org/NordPlaywrightResidencyApplication.docx>

CPT's Nord Playwright Fellowship is a year-long program for a local emerging playwright. Supported by the Nord Family Foundation, CPT initiated this program to provide greater support to the region's playwright community and create active artists. Up to two residencies will be awarded in 2014, which includes a $2,000 stipend for the playwright, development support and a workshop production. Please note that CPT is investing over $15,000 in staff time, support and direct costs associated with the residency.
Based on writing samples and one complete play, we will select a playwright with extraordinary potential. This resident artist will be given space at the theatre to write, create and rehearse work. Additionally, the program provides access to CPT's artistic staff and is eligible for the theatre's development programming. The residency is also an opportunity to be on site at CPT over the course of the year, interacting with and learning from designers, actors, directors and other writers.

Eligibility

*         Applicant must be a resident of Northeast Ohio.

*         Applicant cannot be a Full-time student

*         Applicant must have significant available time to work on major artistic projects. Rehearsals and other commitments are typically in the evenings and on weekends. The obligations of this fellowship will make it difficult to have outside artistic projects.

Selection Criteria
We are not looking for the most accomplished playwright, rather an early career playwright, someone who has demonstrated ability and extraordinary potential, but is still defining their voice as a playwright.
We want to have the largest impact on the community as possible, so we are looking for a playwright who is at the "right time" in his/her growth to most benefit from the residency. We are looking for someone who is hungry for experiences - as a playwright but also as an active member of our community at CPT.
Applications will be reviewed by CPT's artistic staff and collaborators. The first round of reading will be facilitated blind - without applicants' names. During round one, only "Writing Sample A" will be read. This sample must be a script and should be the applicant's best and most complete work. Rounds two and three will be conducted with the applicant's name attached. "Writing Sample B", will be reviewed by the panel if selected to move on to rounds two and three. Interviews will be held with the finalists.
Applying for the Residency
If you would like to be considered for the 2014-2015 Nord Playwright Residency, please download the application found on CPT's website, and submit electronically to New Play Associate Emily Ritger (eritger at cptonline.org<mailto:eritger at cptonline.org>).

Notification
A receipt will be emailed upon receiving application. Applicants will be notified through a form email as the selection committee progresses through each round. CPT hopes to complete the process by March 15, 2014.

Deadline and Important Dates

*        Applications must be received by:             January 15, 2014

*        Finalists will be notified in:                        Late February, 2014

*        Recipient will be notified in:                      March, 2014

*        The grant year is:                             June 1, 2014 - May 30, 2015

Questions
Please contact:           Emily Ritger
                                    New Play Associate
                                    216-631-2727 x210
                                    eritger at cptonline.org<mailto:eritger at cptonline.org>

Click here for the Second Nord Playwright Fellowship Application<http://www.cptonline.org/NordPlaywrightResidencyApplication.docx>

Emily Ritger
New Play Associate, Cleveland Public Theatre
(216) 631-2727, ext. 210

6415 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102