[NEohioPAL] Theater Ninjas Seeks Stage Manager

Ray Caspio rcaspio at theaterninjas.com
Wed Jan 15 14:16:48 PST 2014

Theater Ninjas is seeking a Stage Manager for the upcoming original production Code: Preludes. This is an exciting new production by Theater Ninjas and we're looking for an adventurous individual to run this intricate, interactive performance.

Code: Preludes is an explorable theatrical experience inspired by the cold beauty of logic and math and the programmers who operate on the boundary between our messy human lives and the pristine world of symbols and equations that power modern technology. Drawing from the experiences of real-life programmers and the life of Alan Turing, this sensory, interactive performance creates a kind of living science museum that uses theater techniques and software concepts to cultivate and rekindle a sense of awe for the power of mathematics and highlight the individuals who encode our humanity into modern technology.

Details
-Rehearsals run mid-March through April
-Performances May 1-17, 2014: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays.
-Strike May 18
-Modest Stipend Offered

Time commitment:
-15-20 hours per week during rehearsal periods.
-Present for tech rehearsals, performances and strike

For more information: http://theaterninjas.com/our-shows/

To apply, please send a resume and brief cover letter detailing your interest to Associate Artistic Director Ray Caspio: rcaspio [at] theaterninjas [dot] com.

ABOUT THEATER NINJAS
Theater Ninjas is the Food Truck of Cleveland Theater. We’re a nomadic company who seeks out new and exciting spaces to perform, whether that’s the Cleveland Museum of Art (where we did a three-month collaboration with The Excavation @ the CMA last year) or a repurposed recording studio at 78th Street Studios. Working in non-traditional venues gives us an opportunity to reimagine how and why we tell stories, and helps us to create deep, fascinating worlds for the audience to explore.

We’re always experimenting, always rethinking what theater can be: as entertainment, as art and as out-of-the-ordinary experiences.

Ray Caspio
Associate Artistic Director
Theater Ninjas

•Twitter