[NEohioPAL] Actors and Musicians Needed for LCCC Production of "I Now Pronounce You"

Kimberly Carrasquillo kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu
Thu Jan 23 10:34:36 PST 2014

Actors and Musicians Needed for LCCC Production of "I Now Pronounce You"

Lorain County Community College is looking for actors and musicians to
audition for the spring theater production of "I Now Pronounce You."

Auditions will be held from 6-10 p.m., Tuesday, February 18 and
Wednesday, February 19 at Stocker Arts Center.

"I Now Pronounce You" is a series of one-act plays by Anton Chekhov.
Each of the three plays, "The Proposal," "The Wedding," and "On the
Harmful Effects of Tobacco" is a snapshot of one stage in the process of
marriage: before, during, and after. Chekhov's biting, yet sympathetic
humor comes out full force in these one-acts, which Chekov called his
"vaudevilles."

Production dates are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, April 24, 25, and
26. Rehearsals will begin in March. Please bring to the audition any
schedule conflicts through April.

Those who audition must prepare:

*         A two-minute action with text. This does not have to be a
theatrical monologue, but it should involve some spoken word;

*         A demonstration of any special skill, such as acrobatics,
dancing, puppetry, ventriloquism, juggling -anything goes;

*         A song played on a musical instrument, including
nontraditional instruments, such as a kazoo, whistling, spoons, etc.

You may also be asked to read selections from the script and to
improvise with other members of your audition group.

To reserve a spot for an audition, email LCCC Director of Theatre Jeremy
Benjamin at jbenjami at lorainccc.edu and mention which day you would like
to audition. There will be no individual time slots reserved. Be
prepared to stay through the entire audition time.

For more information about the auditions, including what to prepare and
links to online versions of the plays, visit
www.lorainccc.edu/auditions.

-30-

Kim Carrasquillo | Writer/Project Coordinator, Marketing and Outreach
Initiatives
Lorain County Community College | 1005 N Abbe Road | Elyria, Ohio 44035
t: 440.366.4822  f: 440.366.4113  e: kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu

  <http://www.lorainccc.edu/>     <http://www.lorainccc.edu/up>
<http://facebook.com/lorainccc>    <http://twitter.com/lorainccc>
<http://www.youtube.com/lcccwebvideo>